DST art style is very cute and versatile.

16 minutes ago, Auth said:

You cut out my entire explanation of my point

I cut out the explanation because it hinged on somehow divorcing two things that are intrinsically linked. Even if you want to say that you specifically were talking about those things that you somehow think aren't related to the animation style (animations require art), animations are very likely part of what someone is talking about when they say they think DS/T's art style is cute, and the quirky things they're talking about have been there since the very beginning.

30 minutes ago, Auth said:

Yknow, I guess not.

Do you not know who The Nightmare Before Christmas is attributed to? It's a name that's floated around a lot when DS/T's artistic roots are discussed, and in fact is in this very topic.

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

DS/DST was never meant to be “Cute”

Man, you assert so much stuff that you just have zero authority to. Chester says hi, by the way.

Chester? I rest my case then- that thing scared the hell out of me when I first found it for the first time ever and after picking up it’s bone it chased me everywhere I went.. I just never stopped running away from it.

Chester can also be transformed, or even reskinned (I love my Weird Walrus Chester skin..)

4 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Okay, maybe I just have weird taste in what consider "cute" because I just realize no body thought that freddy krueger was cute.

Finding Freddy Krueger cute is definitely pretty weird, but the people who find DS/T cute (and always have) is not a particularly exclusive camp.

Archived