Maxwell Rework Idea

Here's a pretty old idea I've came up with for Maxwell rework. Not sure if a similar idea was already posted because this one is a bit obvious, but anyway.

What if Maxwell would be able to buff other survivors using the Codex Umbra, giving them temporary upgrades with consequences? As example, buffing Wolfgang would result in Wolfgang having 2.5x damage in mighty form for 8 minutes, but after the buff expires, Wolfgang is locked in wimpy form for 8 minutes while having x0.5 damage. Other survivors would also have their own buffs and debuffs that will be possible to cast on them, not just Wolfgang.

Don't know what would be a balanced cost for casting buffs, so leaving it up to devs or forum users, my only idea would be six nightmare fuel and any gem.

Maxwell is great as a summoning magic character. Although his combat leaves a lot to be desired, the general concept of Maxwell is great as is. While I'm certainly not against him buffing other survivors, I would much rather is combat capabilities to come from summoning minions, and I wouldn't want him buffing teammates to come with a fat nerf to his summoning. Having both could lead to another situation where there's so many perks being crammed into one character to the point where he's borderline OP (like Wanda).

That being said, as far as your suggestion goes, I think it would be better if Maxwell himself got the debuff after a certain amount of time. Otherwise it could lead to Maxwell just buffing another player randomly and them being stuck with a penalty. Also how would this buff work in solo play? Could Maxwell buff himself, and if so what do you think it would do?

Archived