(Suggestion) Scale WX's wetness damage based on the amount of wetness they have

Wetness for WX recently got changed to be much more punishing, doing roughly 9 damage + one charge loss every 4 seconds if you have 15 or more wetness. While I think this is fine if you are ~90-100 wetness, it does not feel good for this to occur that early on, especially when "instant" sources (like oars/water ballons) will fill you over that threshold and easily sap ~30 HP and half of your charge slots trying to setup a fire to reduce below that threshold, on top of the fact you need to have 100% wetness protection to actually decrease wetness if it's still raining.

I enjoy the concept of WX being much more penalized for taking wetness damage, but I do feel it should progressively scale with how much you currently have. doing 1-2 damage every few seconds and only slowly losing charge makes sense for ~15-30 wetness, and 40+ is where it should really start scaling to super high amounts. You would still be pretty heavily penalized for going above 15 wetness, but it wouldn't be astronomically punishing.

I don't know. If klei made it increase damage by wetness percentage, it might make wetness a joke again. For how easy it is to delay/avoid wetness, i think it is in a good spot.

Just means you need to play around the downside.

I find it fine as is. But we all have different opinions so. :wilson_curious:

7 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

What do you mean?

Is damage the same if you are 20 wetness or 100 wetness?

If so, how much?

When over the 15 wetness threshold (its maybe 20? Its around there), you take 9 damage every 4 seconds. 

16 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

When over the 15 wetness threshold (its maybe 20? Its around there), you take 9 damage every 4 seconds. 

yeah, didn't know it was binary on/off switch

I think it should be linear or in steps like such:

20 wetness 2 damage every 4 seconds

40 wetness 4 damage every 4 seconds

60 wetness 6 damage every 4 seconds

80 wetness 8 damage every 4 seconds

100 wetness 10 damage every 4 seconds

6 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

yeah, didn't know it was binary on/off switch

I think it should be linear or in steps like such:

20 wetness 2 damage every 4 seconds

40 wetness 4 damage every 4 seconds

60 wetness 6 damage every 4 seconds

80 wetness 8 damage every 4 seconds

100 wetness 10 damage every 4 seconds

I think thats too forgiving. Maybe 4 damage every 4 seconds, then it triples afterwards. 

10 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I say leave it as it is. I see no point of changing it. :cheerful:

you mean the old values pre-rework, or the current kill-switch values in latest hotfix?

old values were

-0.05 to -0.5 damage every 4 seconds...

6 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

you mean the old values pre-rework, or the current kill-switch values in latest hotfix?

old values were

-0.05 to -0.5 damage every 4 seconds...

I guess it could work. Im just hesitant right now since it's an actually meaningful downside for once. I just don't want klei to make it a joke again.

Just now, Nickolai said:

I guess it could work. Im just hesitant right now since it's an actually meaningful downside for once. I just don't want klei to make it a joke again.

keep in mind, you need to account for new players that don't even know how to craft a torch when it's getting dark

it can feel really BS with current tunning

7 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

keep in mind, you need to account for new players that don't even know how to craft a torch when it's getting dark

it can feel really BS with current tunning

True.. But it can't be too forgiving to the point where it sacrifices itself for newer players. Thats what the stats on the character screen are for, to show players the Character's perks and weaknesses. I can see the current water damage being a bit too punishing now to newer players.

Im more on making water damage scale now, i was a bit hesitant, thats all. 

Archived