Alternatives to Sandstorm / Moonstorm immunity

Basically title, there are only 2 items that grant the player full movement speed in the sand/moon-storms, the Desert Goggles (which were luckily buffed in the last QOL Update) and the Astroggles. And I have 2 alternatives in mind to add more variety (though they are kind of similar as they are related to specific characters): 

First a Warly dish, don't know which ingredients or type of meal. It would probably be better if it were a Goodie so both Wigfrid and Wurt can use it, and thus it would probably require honey. The main ingredient I'd like to suggest is Desert Stones, they would be gated behind Antlion (or at least trading with it), and it'd make sense as they come from the desert, creating a type of "Sandy-ish Rock Candy" (it even has some alliteration and we know Klei loves their puns).

The second way is more relevant right now as it is in beta, a WX-78 module, it would greatly benefit megabasers during summer, just like some other modules are useful to them.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

There isn't really an issue with having only two items to deal with it, it's not something that needs to be addressed ASAP, but that doesn't make a valid argument as to why they shouldn't add more, it's a suggestion after all. This is something that they could fit into one of the QoL updates, specially since the RoT updates have finished, and they are slowing down content updates until 2023, while keeping reworks, QoLs and small content updates coming for later on. Variety isn't a bad thing (in this genre at least).

A lot of the sea content, ie the changes introduced in the "Hook, Line and Inker" update, was seemed as not necessary/useful for the game, yet some think it is really fun. The seasonal fish for example (the sunfish and the ice bream) both give an alternative to manage your temperature. It may not be as easy as carrying a thermal stone and a torch / eyebrella and feather fan...or going to the caves, but it's an alternative that is still there for those who want to use it (I'll admit mainly Wurt players).

Sandstorms can be related to seasonal hazards, and its not like Warly's recipes and WX-78's modules don't help in those areas already: Warly has two recipes for temperature and fish cordon bleu for wetness immunity; and WX-78 has both of the heat modules.

The same concept applies to crockpot dishes: They added several recipes since Warly arrived in the game (besides his unique ones), some of them in that update (and they weren't very popular because we didn't have the "Reap What you Sow" farm plots), some others later on (like fig related recipes). And hunger/healing/sanity recovery was never a problem. People might still use *insert meta food*, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't keep adding more ingredients and recipes.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:41 AM, Juanasdf said:

First a Warly dish, don't know which ingredients or type of meal. It would probably be better if it were a Goodie so both Wigfrid and Wurt can use it, and thus it would probably require honey. The main ingredient I'd like to suggest is Desert Stones, they would be gated behind Antlion (or at least trading with it), and it'd make sense as they come from the desert, creating a type of "Sandy-ish Rock Candy" (it even has some alliteration and we know Klei loves their puns).

Desert scones.

Archived