The exploding rocket of free ore, free cake and eternal youth - a perfectly balanced exploit.

1. Make a basic CO2 rocket with Solo Spacefarer.
  2. Stuff it full of as many duplicants as you can.
  3. Launch into orbit.
  4. Self-destruct.
  5. Deconstruct the escape pods.

Each escape pod gives 100 ore and you will be refunded 200 ore from the debris. A basic CO2 rocket costs 700 ore, so if you launch more than 5 dupes, you start making an ore profit.

What's more the process of using the escape pod also for the most part "resets" your dupes, their breath, stamina, health, calories(!), stress and radiation is restored, I believe as if they had been freshly printed - for example their calories are set to about 3500. Also most statuses such as popped eardrums and zombification are removed, though some such as sore back and radiation sickness are not (the radiation had been set to 0, but I had to reload the game to make the radiation sickness itself go away).

This of course is not at all subject to all kinds of abuses such as not feeding your dupes and launching them every 3 cycles or using exploding rocket therapy to cure stress and illness.

Technically each time you use this exploit it requires a small amount of CO2 to launch into orbit, so it's actually a conversion of a small amount of CO2 into ore and calories and such.

26 minutes ago, calibayzone said:

You need a standard spacefarer module; the solo ones only allow one dupe. Do the numbers still work out?

I have often got many dupes in the solo cabin, its a hot steamy sauna club inside :lol: Group activity !

10 hours ago, calibayzone said:

You need a standard spacefarer module; the solo ones only allow one dupe. Do the numbers still work out?

No limit is enforced. AFAIK there is no limit to the number of dupes you can stuff in a Solo Spacefarer, in normal game play I often send 2-3 dupes in a Solo Spacefarer, and in Sandbox I've tested up to about 20.

You can think of it as a bike being suitable for a single traveler if you like.

a283a1a9b41ef63497bb2d79dd023943.jpg

Unlimited copper ore:

build a spacefarer module (regular or nosecone)

deconstruct the rocket control station

deconstruct the spacefarer module

You now have an extra 100kg of copper ore. Repeat as many times as desired.

3 hours ago, Lacero said:

I will call this clown rocket insurance fraud

Health insurance companies hate him: cure health problems with this one simple trick!

Archived