Improvements for the new crafting UI

Overall I think that the new crafting UI is a very welcomed change but ironically enough I think it needs a couple of QOL improvements.

• One of the biggest complains that I see out there is that the new hud is more of a hassle to craft items/structures requiring more clicks to do something, I think this problem can be mitigated by creating a shortcut for quick-crafting inside the tab like "shift+click" because normally when you click an item in a tab it shows you the crafting recipe and then you gotta click again to craft it, for the short while that I've used the new UI this is a huge annoyance compared to the old one.

image.png.6ba087be8dd09286786e6ca61d3bb291.png

• Another big problem that I noticed in the new UI is that it doesnt mark the filters with a blue colored square when something is already pre-crafted instead it uses the same color it would use when you can craft an item in that filter.

image.thumb.png.48cdcc8fedb5a3a06ac1cc7eaf646837.png

Notice that I have the ingredients necesary to make a torch but I already have an Alchemy Engine pre-crafted yet the filters have the same color making it harder to know which structures I already crafted and are ready to place this is another thing the old UI did better but this is easily fixed by making the square of the filter blue just like this:

Science1.thumb.png.d0ae644bd45d85fc330ee3723bb28f9a.png

• The final change that crossed my mind was that navegating through the different filters to create something like an alchemy engine was annoying so I think it would be a really good idea to be able to craft the items required through the recipe of what I wanted to make:

image.png.0fa5dfdeed8048cbaeaba244cb7f6edb.png

The image above is an example, I want to create a think tank right? I have 4 logs and I need to craft boards, instead of having to go to the refine tab and create them there I want to be able to click on the boards icon of the Think Tank recipe and directly craft them there. This would be a huge time saver and an actual improvement from the old crafting UI.

This is all that I can think of for now, thanks for reading!

quick craft can be done, but so far only by changing the game files. if you want you can use this code

if TheInput:IsKeyDown(KEY_SHIFT) then self.details_root:PopulateRecipeDetailPanel(w.data, Profile:GetLastUsedSkinForItem(w.data.recipe.name)) end

it needs to be added to scripts/widgets/redux/craftingmenu_widget.lua between 884-885 line

Archived