Power plant designs and Battery Boxes

First off, I am a habitual restarter.  I have only been to space once in the years that I have own the game.   My problem seems to be that I end up not liking my power plant/ battery designs or they begin to fail in some way.  I have followed pictures, Youtube videos, etc. but, I feel like I am missing some information. 

I have tried to use the search feature on this forum to find information or ideas on power plants but, I seem to be getting information from all of the Klei  games forums.  Am I using the search feature wrong?  I am using the search space in the top right.  

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you 

You don't like your designs because? Low efficiency? Spontaneus unplanned rapid disassembly? How do they fail? Or.. just ugly? :wilson_laugh:

There is not much to be said about a power plant or battery box: it must give power when needed and not melt. That's pretty much it.:wilson_tranquil:

Edit: search feature is a bit meh. You can find more results by using a search engine restricting results to these forums. Mathmanican had a mini tutorial on this in his signature IIRC, specifically for google, if you need It.

Here's my signature (visible on deskop, but not phones).

To search the ONI forums, use the full power of Google by adding "site:forums.kleientertainment.com" to any search string. 
For example, to find a mechanical pipe filter that requires zero energy, try "site:forums.kleientertainment.com mechanical pipe filter"

This will return results for all of Klei forums, but will also search through archived posts and get you information that has been well known for years (while the forum search does not go through archived posts).  The wiki often has great information, as well as points back to the posts where things are discovered.  You'll also find a great group of people who are willing to help out over on discord

Archived