[Game Update] - 499819

19 hours ago, Castiliano said:

that item is so freakin OP, how a buff would work?

How is it Op? You trade a living log for 16-24 mushrooms of a type post fertilizer over the course of 15 days, but not in winter.

In contrast spider nests, bee hives, pig/bunny farms produce far more for little to no cost. What's more they continue to produce infinitely with no upkeep.

Now, when compared to farms after having acquired the necessary seeds you can outpace mushroom planters considerably. You might say, but it takes time to get them up and running optimally (farms). However for everyone but Wormwood, mushroom planters compete with darkswords in the early game and take time to amass. They also have their "downsides" making their overall gain less than the dishes produced by veggies. 

As for the "buff", I want them to be able to grow in Winter. I have a more intricate suggestion allowing for the modification of the planters themselves but that's less likely to be implemented by the developers. The basic idea of the suggestion is for 3 variants of the planter that can be added to permanently modify (similar to how you can upgrade the Floridpostern) a planter:

1. Modification "Canopied/Greenhouse": Change the season of no growth to summer (planter becomes too hot).

2. Modification "Super mulch": Always provide 6 mushrooms but reduce max harvests by half (2 instead of 4). Overall, even when using 1 mushroom to turn to 4 in a basic planter, you have a net loss of two mushrooms in a 4 cycle period, in exchange for faster growth (and needing an extra living log). 

3. Modification "free range": Can use normal fertilizer instead of living logs but number of max possible mushrooms grown is reduced by half and spores cannot be used. This essentially reduces a mushroom planter to a berry bush for filler purposes.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

How is it Op? You trade...

You were very clear and succinct, thank yor answer. Although, for my style of play — that living logs are left over over time, even being used for dark swords — I can understand why you and probably other players want a buff. I've always found it strange that an item I think is so good is used so little. I'll be rooting for the mushroom planter to get attention in the next updates!

Now, I'm going to say goodbye to the old craft bar, but without much nostalgia, since the new one is incredibly good.

Edited by Castiliano
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1