Small suggestion

I have been pretty ok with the new crafting ui so far but some things i could see that could be changed is combining some search filters. I could see things like cooking and food being fused into a singular filter, along with weapons and armour, chest and structures, and winter and summer. This could make it a lot less bloated and would make it easier for new players if they were named well enough such as winter and summer clothing going into a thermal search filter and so on. Just thought i'd leave this suggestion.

I agree.  I think its more intuitive to have a "combat" tab rather than a separate weapons / armor tab.  Its pretty easy to see which is which, and with the new UI there is a lot of space and sort options to get to what you want quickly even with those combined.  I actually get caught pretty often trying to craft an armor / weapon in the wrong tab b/c I just click on one and think "combat."

i played the beta like idk... a couple hours by now and already got used to these changes. i'd rather click twice than click, scroll then click. making the icons more distinguishable is probably what they're working on right now.

2 minutes ago, oregu said:

i played the beta like idk... a couple hours by now and already got used to these changes. i'd rather click twice than click, scroll then click. making the icons more distinguishable is probably what they're working on right now.

Exactly what I thought. Why should it be in one tab? That would just mean to scroll and make it slower with getting worse in the future when more items get introduced. Also it's simpler for new players like it is I think. We will get used to the changes after a short while. 

1 hour ago, oregu said:

but the tabs that i gave examples of barely have anything in them and combining them wouldn't make you need to scroll down. and in some scenarios you'd need to click more like: wanting a weapon and a piece of armor would make you go to the armor tab craft something then switch to another tab then craft something there when it could be much more streamlined

1 hour ago, lionking102 said:

Exactly what I thought. Why should it be in one tab? That would just mean to scroll and make it slower with getting worse in the future when more items get introduced. Also it's simpler for new players like it is I think. We will get used to the changes after a short while. 

not many new items have been introduced that are in any tabs

12 hours ago, Dextops said:

but the tabs that i gave examples of barely have anything in them and combining them wouldn't make you need to scroll down. and in some scenarios you'd need to click more like: wanting a weapon and a piece of armor would make you go to the armor tab craft something then switch to another tab then craft something there when it could be much more streamlined

So you have to scroll in all of those tabs you mentioned if they were combined (near alchemy engine), with getting worse in the future. Like I said I perfer to click on the right filter instead of needing to scroll. 

Maybe there are some redundancies with some items beeing present in too many tabs, but doesn't bother me. So I think the system is more streamlined as it is especially for new players. They go to an alechemy engine and want to see what armor is there. And they can do that with a simple click, less scrolling and no weapons mixed in. And if summer/winter would get mixed why then having this tabs at all? All the items are already under "clothing", the only reason for those tabs is that players know what helps in summer and what in winter. I think we often forget that this aren't categories, this are search filters, so you search for "armor", "Weapon", "Winter". 

On the other hand as an experienced player I mainly use my pinned items/favorites. We have two systems to create our own mixed filters, I can't think of a scenario where I craft a weapon and armor at the same time without having this in my favourite- or pinned tab. Also when I know what I'm looking for I just use the search. Right now the line is clear: Filters are strict, favorites are mixed. 

So don't get me wrong: I understand what you mean and yes there are a lot of filters that are a bit empty right now. But I think they will get fuller in the future and I just don't see any disadvantage of this after getting used to and setting up my favorites. 

1 hour ago, lionking102 said:

So you have to scroll in all of those tabs you mentioned if they were combined (near alchemy engine), with getting worse in the future. Like I said I perfer to click on the right filter instead of needing to scroll. 

Maybe there are some redundancies with some items beeing present in too many tabs, but doesn't bother me. So I think the system is more streamlined as it is especially for new players. They go to an alechemy engine and want to see what armor is there. And they can do that with a simple click, less scrolling and no weapons mixed in. And if summer/winter would get mixed why then having this tabs at all? All the items are already under "clothing", the only reason for those tabs is that players know what helps in summer and what in winter. I think we often forget that this aren't categories, this are search filters, so you search for "armor", "Weapon", "Winter". 

On the other hand as an experienced player I mainly use my pinned items/favorites. We have two systems to create our own mixed filters, I can't think of a scenario where I craft a weapon and armor at the same time without having this in my favourite- or pinned tab. Also when I know what I'm looking for I just use the search. Right now the line is clear: Filters are strict, favorites are mixed. 

So don't get me wrong: I understand what you mean and yes there are a lot of filters that are a bit empty right now. But I think they will get fuller in the future and I just don't see any disadvantage of this after getting used to and setting up my favorites. 

but i already said that if we were to combine tabs like winter and summer and weapons and armor it would have less scrolling to it. it would make it a lot more stream line.

also the argument of new items kinda falls flat when not many items are added to the basic tabs that we have, many are just created into a special tab.

4 hours ago, Dextops said:

but i already said that if we were to combine tabs like winter and summer and weapons and armor it would have less scrolling to it. it would make it a lot more stream line.

So maybe I just didn't understood what you mean, because I don't know how combining tabs will result in less scrolling. 
But it doesn't matter we will see what Klei will do and I think they nailed it with this update! 

5 hours ago, lionking102 said:

So maybe I just didn't understood what you mean, because I don't know how combining tabs will result in less scrolling. 
But it doesn't matter we will see what Klei will do and I think they nailed it with this update! 

What i mean is that the tabs that i want combined have barely anything in them and with the new size of the crafting system you still wouldn't need to scroll

Archived