The forum is a bit messy

Hello,

I guess this issue has already been pointed but:

- Klei had Developer Log for announcement and update, now they do them in General Discussion.

- Beta Branch is used for suggestion and feedback.

Since a beta is coming on Monday, it would be nice that things go back in order so the beta announcement and feedback go exclusively in appropriate place (Beta Branch). Maybe Beta Branch should be locked when there is no Beta in progress.

1 hour ago, SuperDonuts said:

Since a beta is coming on Monday, it would be nice that things go back in order so the beta announcement and feedback go exclusively in appropriate place (Beta Branch). Maybe Beta Branch should be locked when there is no Beta in progress.

people already discuss beta related stuff in the beta forums once its released. general discussion gets most traction out of all the dont starve together forums so it's the best place to put updates for upcoming stuff

3 hours ago, SuperDonuts said:

Hello,

I guess this issue has already been pointed but:

- Klei had Developer Log for announcement and update, now they do them in General Discussion.

- Beta Branch is used for suggestion and feedback.

The Beta Announcement isn’t the same thing as the Beta, where come this Monday they’ll expect Feedback to be all over everywhere and some poor forum moderator will eventually need to move it to the appropriate Beta section just like they had to do with all the Wolfgang threads last time.

Once that content LEAVES Beta however… all the threads that were moved to Beta are probably moved to Beta so the devs know what is NEW Feedback from after Beta changes, and what’s still Beta Feedback

(it has to be confusing for them.. but they’re awesome people so they handle it like champions.)

As far as the Developer Log: Announcements get moved here only when a newer Announcement replaces it: For example: Year of the Catcoon won’t be moved here until YoTC ends inside the game and the next New Update replaces it.

Beta branch is not exclusively used for Feedback/Suggestions- That’s what the Feedback/Suggestions part of the forum is for, Beta Branch is to provide BETA Feedback/Suggestions, but only for the currently active on-going Beta.

Of course there will always be New forum members that join and post things in the wrong areas on the forums.. but that is to be expected.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Once that content LEAVES Beta however… all the threads that were moved to Beta are probably moved to Beta so the devs know what is NEW Feedback from after Beta changes, and what’s still Beta Feedback

(it has to be confusing for them.. but they’re awesome people so they handle it like champions.)

As far as the Developer Log: Announcements get moved here only when a newer Announcement replaces it: For example: Year of the Catcoon won’t be moved here until YoTC ends inside the game and the next New Update replaces it.

It looks complicated for no reason. Why dont they post the content where it belongs? It would be easier to manage for the devs and the moderators (I am actually trying to help them with my suggestions)

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Beta branch is not exclusively used for Feedback/Suggestions- That’s what the Feedback/Suggestions part of the forum is for, Beta Branch is to provide BETA Feedback/Suggestions, but only for the currently active on-going Beta.

That's exactly what I say : Currently, the Beta Branch forum contains topic that are totally not related to any Beta. They are suggestion and feedback.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

>forum is messy

>makes a suggestion topic outside of the suggestion forum

xD

I expected this one, but I am not giving a suggestion or feedback about the game, but the forum. And I guess the line is there. 

8 hours ago, SuperDonuts said:

I expected this one, but I am not giving a suggestion or feedback about the game, but the forum. And I guess the line is there. 

There is a subforum about the forum.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/92-other-klei-services/

Spoiler

Now, this is where the schrodinger's post kicks in, should it be in suggestions, or other klei services

Archived