My issues with Wurt and WX

I feel like WX can be played like almost a better version of Wurt if you really want to, this might sound ridiculous, but let me explain:

WX is extra bad with rain and Wurt is less bad with rain, right? Well, rain is still bad for Wurt, meanwhile WX takes damage from rain very slowly, and during heavy rain the lightning will likely heal that damage back and overcharge you, so it's arguably good for WX and factually bad for Wurt. A little out of character imo.

I feel Wurt's speed boost is outclassed by overcharging, and for WX stat upgrades, all you need is one trip to the ruins. For Wurt you need 5 ropes, 5 boards, 10 pig skin, 20 kelp fronds, and 15 beef wool. After that you still need to go over to the royal tapestry and feed a merm every once in a while to keep it going, and on top of that, the buff is only about half as good compared to WX. You could make the argument that Wurt's upgrades are more risk free, but it still takes more preparation and time, and if a player isn't experienced enough to successfully raid the ruins then the merm king may eat up all their time and make things difficult.

Wurt also has merms, but I don't see a reason to use them when they have worse stats than bunnymen, attack much slower, are more expensive, and the merm king (merm upgrade) is much more expensive than being insane (beardlord bunnymen).

Wurt also has it harsher with food, mostly lacking healing food, while WX has it easier on top of that.

That's not to mention pigs attacking Wurt, and PK refusing trades with Wurt which is nothing but an additional 2 purple gem cost whenever you want to trade and switch back to Wurt in a solo world, but still.

All those things make me feel like you can achieve better by playing Wurt's playstyle as WX which is very out of character.

I main Wurt and find her playstyle very fun, but I feel she needs a buff, even just buffing upgraded merm guards to be a little better than bunnymen to reward all the effort required to obtain.

the swamp is filled with merms that will help you gathering the  boards and fish needed instead of needing to grind bunnypuffs and 10 carrots (which can be a pain if you dont like to hammer and destroy everything you see in the game). They might not have the dps of bunnymen but they are avaraible 24/7 and can be use for other tasks

her speed boost is made in that way so it isnt just a speed boost like wx or woormwood one to be more in the line of weeber speed boost. Variety

feeding the king literally takes few seconds, 4 stone fruit and voilà, you have huge sanity, health and hunger pool for days. If you drop food near a hungry merm sitting on the tapestry, he will stand up and eat at werepig speed all the veggies. Is true that the king should get changes to the loot table and maybe giving a 10% damage boost (mostly for consistency since it buffs merms damage) so veterans will find an use for it instead of only wanting sanity pool for the CC crown

1 hour ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Well, rain is still bad for Wurt

hmm only when spring just started, later you can completly ignore rain which is so confortable for many tasks

11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the swamp is filled with merms that will help you gathering the  boards and fish needed instead of needing to grind bunnypuffs and 10 carrots (which can be a pain if you dont like to hammer and destroy everything you see in the game). They might not have the dps of bunnymen but they are avaraible 24/7 and can be use for other tasks

her speed boost is made in that way so it isnt just a speed boost like wx or woormwood one to be more in the line of weeber speed boost. Variety

feeding the king literally takes few seconds, 4 stone fruit and voilà, you have huge sanity, health and hunger pool for days. If you drop food near a hungry merm sitting on the tapestry, he will stand up and eat at werepig speed all the veggies. Is true that the king should get changes to the loot table and maybe giving a 10% damage boost (mostly for consistency since it buffs merms damage) so veterans will find an use for it instead of only wanting sanity pool for the CC crown

hmm only when spring just started, later you can completly ignore rain which is so confortable for many tasks

My point is that you can achieve so many of Wurt's upsides as WX, but stronger, cheaper, with extra upsides, and without Wurt's downsides.

I mentioned rain still being bad for Wurt because rain is arguably good for WX, which I find unbalanced and out of character.

The king isn't super expensive to keep once you built the tapestry, but I'm making the comparison to WX, who gets a permanent, stronger, and cheaper upgrade all at the same time, while Wurt also has to return to one part of the map (unless you build a bunch of tapestries, but you don't need stat buffs if you have that many resources), and you need a second king for the caves making it almost twice as expensive.

I see your point about not wanting to hammer down all the rabbit hutches, but it's still a very solid option that you'll get more out of compared to leaving the rabbit hutches randomly placed in the caves.

I would't even touch Wurt, until they fix lost follower thingy. (Unloaded non hired mobs will never come/teleport to their houses) You can build a giant merm village and eventually all inhabitants will be scattered somewhere on the map and said village will be empty, and houses won't spawn new units.

8 hours ago, Keller Max said:

I would't even touch Wurt, until they fix lost follower thingy.

Again, I still have fun with Wurt and WX. Not planning on giving up with Wurt anytime soon, but that doesn't mean I can't express my opinion on the balance of the characters.

2 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Again, I still have fun with Wurt and WX. Not planning on giving up with Wurt anytime soon, but that doesn't mean I can't express my opinion on the balance of the characters.

I love wurt too, but that thing is frustrating for me

Archived