My map didn't spawn a swampy ore field on the starmap?

There have been quite a few posts in the past raising concerns about not every map having access to certain resources. I remember one post specifically about a complaint someone had that they were unable to obtain pips. They *really* wanted pips because their playstyle involved a lot of wild planting, and they were willing to restart entirely over the issue, and unwilling to forgo pips and change their playstyle.

This kind of thing always devolves into arguments over whether a lack of a resource should even be possible. One side says every resource should have an easily renewable source, the other side simply takes it as a challenge/impetus to work around it by doing alternatives; in your case, "suck it up and do ethanol, or farm something other than pokeshells for your lime".

Far be it from me to tell you how to play your singleplayer game, but I'll point out that it IS possible to have easily renewable polluted dirt through wood->ethanol, or rotting food. If that is too much for you, you'll have to consider restarting, as in the *current* balance of the game, not every resource is guaranteed.

Side thought: you're all the way to diamond drills and rockets, and you're concerned about p. dirt? Ethanol is so bad to you that you'd rather send rockets into space for p. dirt? I would just shove about 100 hatches into a 2x1 pit, that should give you enough eggshells for any feasible amount of lime you could desire.

I agree with the above, I find a lack of something a hurdle to work around. In my case I only found 1 Pip, and in carelessness he somehow died and didn't reproduce without me noticing, so fully my mistake that I own.

In your situation, you can instead colonize the water planetoid that has tons of pure Lime on the bottom, it would net you huge amounts of Steel.

Get the mod for reroll selection for the print pod, you will get options there for certain resources to obtain. There is always an asteroid with pips and if not I always get pip recommended for me when using the print pod even if I have not encountered one...

For polluted dirt, let them poop into outhouses...

I have a question here: Why do you need the pokeshell ?

If you are looking for lime, my suggestion is go for paku instead which is faster than pokeshell  in lime production IIRC. And you can still get some polluted dirt as you expected. 

If you are looking for sand, maybe you can use the crusher and crush igneous instead.

Finally, the po-dirt from water purifier which servers your toilet is enough to keep one pokeshell alive and get more than one egg in its life span.

Archived