Gilded Asteroid and Graphite give way too much Fullerene

The Gilded Asteroid field gives 10% mass in Fullerene. In one trip with a Drillcone and a single small storage, that's 1200 Kg of Fullerene, enough to make 120 tons of Super Coolant.

Graphite is converted at a rate of 90 Kg to 100 Kg of Fullerene, each of these is enough for 10 tons of Super Coolant.

Both of these numbers seem way too generous for the end game material, and I wouldn't mind seeing them reduced 10 fold right off the bat. Acquiring Fullerene shouldn't be a trip you only need to make once.

I agree.  All of my sour gas boilers can be made with under 200 kg of Super Coolant.

If a player went to a POI and came back with your first batch of just over 4 kg of Fullerene which then was crafted into 400 kg of of Super Coolant they have to be far more selective. They'd use drops instead of tons.

As it currently is you can make one visit to the ocean asteroid or space POI and you can build the largest most ridiculous coolant loops and refill all your already made loops with Super Coolant and still have a sea of it to spare.

The first 200 kg of Super Coolant is far more valuable than all the Super Coolant you get after it.  By taking away the constraint, they have robbed us of fully appreciating its value.

Fullerene can be crushed back into Graphite 100:90, with the remaining 10kg becoming Sand. As a building material Graphite has high radiation absorption and heat transfer stats. Unfortunately it also has a melting point of only 276.9°C, so I wouldn't use it in any hot applications. It also doesn't look like you can use it in a Tempshift Plate, which seems like an oversight. Maybe use it as filler Drywall, as long as it's someplace that won't get any heat.

In my current game I have two Gold Volcanoes tamed and my petroleum industry is net-positive, so I'm now using my dupes free time to upgrade all my coolant loops to the good stuff. I even use it for liquid locks in cold applications.

It is usually located very far away, either 9 hextile flight from home (planetoid with main print pod) or about 4 hextiles from the second world, in my case it is the world with the isoresin tree. Alternatively it is available from the water world which is 7 hextiles away from the home world or 4 from another world if you make a stop midway. I am against making things more difficult, if you get plenty of a material once you are out in space and have to reach this far in tech to get that stuff. Otherwise best materials are steel and using liquid fuels in doorways to hold gases in place to allow access into gas rooms such as where the chlorine volcano is located for disinfection purposes.

Archived