Art Pack hopes and dream

On 1/28/2022 at 10:21 PM, JarrettM said:

Some of the ideas we’re exploring for this free content pack include quirky new Duplicants, new critter morphs, and fresh decor and recreation buildings, all designed to expand opportunities for expressive gameplay.

I am super excited for the next Game Pack that is currently being prepared by devs and artists! Can't wait till it is released and I could play with it! So here are a few of my thoughts, wishes and hopes about this pack:

1. New critter morphs - we really need to see Plug Slug morph or that critter will forever be useless. Also, I wouldn't mind some radiation-themed morphs, maybe Hatches pooping uranium or Shine Bug morph that have exclusive access to radiation (instead all of them)

2. Fresh decor items (and old ones) - those need art selection panel same as monument has. Let us choose new art so we could enjoy it without rebuilding that painting 10 times in a row.

3. Please add Decor Building Menu to separate furniture from art. Current Furniture menu has many items and it's hard to find things inside. Having things sorted in two menus would be much more cleaner.

4. Recreation buildings - I hope to see something radbolt-powered!

5. Expressive gameplay - I hope to see metal ladders, true airlocks and other solutions for space-age designs not to use stone-age buildings. 

Thanks a lot, I can't wait for it! :D

I’d love to see marble tiles reintroduced to the game.  

Recreational music would be cool, but that might be beyond the scope of what they’re aiming for.  New paintings, on the other hand, strike me as the perfect use of artists’ time while programmers are working on optimization.

And I agree with you on most of your points, particularly #1 and 3.

9 hours ago, goboking said:

I’d love to see marble tiles reintroduced to the game.

Nice idea. Maybe ceramic tiles and other POI decorations as well?

Now when I think about it, it would be nice to see more Plant Mutation arts and that would be a great opportunity to give those plants must needed quick fix of allowing them to drop seeds with their mutation. Without it, setting up mutated greenhouse takes too long to even consider it...

Since we're possibly getting new recreational buildings, I'm going to propose an idea I had a while back.  Since recreational rooms only have one tier at the moment - where most room types have two - I propose a movie theater. 

The screen itself would be a backwall building, the projector could be hung from the ceiling, and the seats would face the screen.  When dupes are watching a movie, they'd be silhouetted, a la Mystery Science Theater.  I imagine the art team could come up with some entertaining shorts to be screened.  They could dust off the rad-powered microwave ovens and popcorn that were datamined early in Spaced Out!'s development.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:08 PM, goboking said:

Since we're possibly getting new recreational buildings, I'm going to propose an idea I had a while back.  Since recreational rooms only have one tier at the moment - where most room types have two - I propose a movie theater. 

That`s a nice one. Like a room that all dupes come to for recreation but not everyday. Maybe we cdould get a sports stadium as well with seats acting as a back wall so dupes can cheer while the action is in the front. 2 dupes could have a tenis match or even a boxing match. The results would be saved so we could see which dupe is the best (win chances would depend on dupe`s stats).

Archived