Landing spot regolith planetoid

C'mon Guys. It HAS to be a challenge! As long as it is doable and repeatable I don't see any issues with that. If there is a will - there is a way.

Here. I hope it help You somehow:

8 hours ago, Jann5s said:

How often does it rain meteors? How often should I check back to see if I can land?

For me the meteor rain did not started until I touched the ground. I was waiting over 100 cycles on orbit. At the very beginning surface was changing a little bit. It was a good time for looking for landing spot. I missed that. I did not trigger any shove voles to show up and start eating and expelling regolith. So I crushed a rocket with rover inside. Rover was unable to move but it reveal some of the terrain below surface triggering shove voles to show up. Unfortunately there was barely no regolith as debris for them to eat. They had three or four debris and it was not enough to create landing spot. So I did it as in the video.

Thx @sheaker, knowing the meteors don't come until you land was the info I needed. Abandoning ship!

3 hours ago, sheaker said:

So I crushed a rocket with rover inside

So when you abandon a ship with a rover, does the rover land? Or did you mean you abandoned ship with a dupe (like in the vod)?

1 hour ago, Jann5s said:

So when you abandon a ship with a rover, does the rover land? Or did you mean you abandoned ship with a dupe (like in the vod)?

Yes but it is locked inside debris of rocket. So it reveals nearby area but can not move.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, Gurgel said:

I have reported this as a bug a while back. Cannot find the bug-report at the moment.

I found that. It is marked as known issue since Sep. 2021. lol

It used to have meteors to change the landscape before landing. But one patch that remove the meteors make no possibility to wait in orbit.

BTW, I abandoned ship and that worked like a charm. Didn't even need a rover inside, just a dupe wearing a suit. Let it dig a flat area, land two rovers, build the platform and done.

However, still a challenging planetoid, the meteors make it difficult to setup solar and supply using interstellar payloads. Solving this puzzle is quite fun.

Archived