Starting map geysers

I was hunting for maps I wanted to start on. I used spaced out dlc so the maps are smaller and noticed after about 100 of them that hardly any maps start with a polluted water vent. I know they start with a cool slush and a cool salt slush all the time. I don't understand why Klei chose to have them start with the slush geysers every time. I feel like the rest of the geysers aren't random enough. Times like this is when I wish tools not included was working so I could search for seeds with my specific geyser needs. It's frustrating when loading so many maps and only getting maybe 2 or 3 that have what I want.

The spaced-out style swamp and forest starts have a guaranteed polluted water vent. Some of the others also have polluted water vents with something like 50% probability. But as you say there's not much randomness - there are a lot of guaranteed geyser placements, and the random geysers are mostly chosen from a small list of options.

It would be neat if this info was more available, but nobody has added it to the wiki yet.

10 minutes ago, Yobbo said:

The spaced-out style swamp and forest starts have a guaranteed polluted water vent. Some of the others also have polluted water vents with something like 50% probability. But as you say there's not much randomness - there are a lot of guaranteed geyser placements, and the random geysers are mostly chosen from a small list of options.

It would be neat if this info was more available, but nobody has added it to the wiki yet.

I didn't know that so thank you! It's kind of a shame they took out most of the randomness of the geysers. It was fun starting a new map and having a never know what you're going to get situation. It also seemed to generate more of the geysers like polluted water or water vent. There also was more than one natural gas geyser or other geysers instead of just having one. It's something I'll just have to deal with.

They hat do add some consistency to the maps, because you cant just dig your way to every geyser, and if you dont have at least some of them in range (even its just the jump through the teleporter) normal players would start playing, and then suffer to death which would kill all the fun for them-.

SNDST-C-957201004-0

Cool slush geyser
Chlorine vent x2
Polluted water vent
Cool steam vent
Natural Gas Geyser
Minor Volcano x3

+ teleport to asteroid with

AETN
CO2 Vent (hot)
Sulfur Geyser x2
Minor volcano
Oil Reservoir x7

Printing pod left top, Polluted Water Vent right bottom.

obraz.thumb.png.ac00dcd6e18f3dc89df7f9abe7d7d50c.png

Archived