Jump to content

Radbolt chamber automation


Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.dc909fdf27ead2067f525222dd1ec0c4.png

 

I'm trying to set up automation for Radiation research, and I can't find out how to make the Radbolt chamber only send 1 packet of 50 radbolts instead of just emptying everything. The signal from the Research station changes back to Red when already too many Radbolts are flying towards it. Is there a way for me to make the green signal that the Radbolt chamber receives last only 1 second?

For clarity, the research station sends a green signal when storage is full.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cannot think of automation like this... But you can collect overflow of radbolts and send them back to radbolt chamber.

In my situation I placed research station as a first radbolt consumer, and collect overflow in radbolt chamber, from which later I can return radbolts to research station or send to diamond press.

Although second time when I builded setup like this I didn't made a way to return radbolts to research station, and diamond press never gets too much ( it can store 2000 radbolts and takes 1000 for single use) this way only automation is the one from diamond press through NOT gate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteWind36 said:

But you can collect overflow of radbolts and send them back to radbolt chamber.

 


I..... Didn't think of that. I sadly solved the problem the hard way before reading this:
image.thumb.png.41479e0d257ef1a2c20fd3b812e42b8a.png


Used a Radbolt sensor right in front of the storage radbolt exit, and used a buffer to make the green signal last longer, then an AND gate to keep it turned off while the Radbolt reaches the research station. But I'll add a couple more redirectors to return the overflow as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great job! I'm usually too lazy to do complex automation systems and try to find builds that works equally well with less automation.

I believe there is also possible with some setup of signal counter and memory toggle... Just maybe even more complex than what you did. For example green signal to radbolt chamber goes through signal counter which toggles memory gate and switch signal back to red in set time (must use filter or buffer or maybe both in according places) and if after set amount of time there is still green signal going out from station (the time needed for radbolt to reach the target) the sequence repeat again.

But I wouldn't go that far. You already have good system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, WhiteWind36 said:

Great job! I'm usually too lazy to do complex automation systems and try to find builds that works equally well with less automation.

I believe there is also possible with some setup of signal counter and memory toggle... Just maybe even more complex than what you did. For example green signal to radbolt chamber goes through signal counter which toggles memory gate and switch signal back to red in set time (must use filter or buffer or maybe both in according places) and if after set amount of time there is still green signal going out from station (the time needed for radbolt to reach the target) the sequence repeat again.

But I wouldn't go that far. You already have good system.

Memory toggle would have indeed made the job easier, but I didn't get there in the tech tree just yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did it using pulse generator from this thread (first scheme, "Pulse Clock"). It sends portions of 100 radbolts every 150 seconds, while switch is enabled, research station is not full, dupe is not in the way, and it is not night on clock. It's simpler, than your build, but overall I have too many automation for other radbolt consumers :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TeDeum said:

I did it using pulse generator from this thread (first scheme, "Pulse Clock"). It sends portions of 100 radbolts every 150 seconds, while switch is enabled, research station is not full, dupe is not in the way, and it is not night on clock. It's simpler, than your build, but overall I have too many automation for other radbolt consumers :)

Pulse generator is also what I would try. You can pretty reliably generated pulses below 1 second as well if you use plain gates for the delay component (1 logic tick per gate, and 1/5 of second per tick, if I remember correctly).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TeDeum said:

I did it using pulse generator from this thread (first scheme, "Pulse Clock"). It sends portions of 100 radbolts every 150 seconds, while switch is enabled, research station is not full, dupe is not in the way, and it is not night on clock. It's simpler, than your build, but overall I have too many automation for other radbolt consumers :)

I'm not even going to attempt to understand that abomination, but thanks for the thread, those seem very useful :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really understand why someone bothering with such difficult setups, for such purpose.

This is layout I use. I'm not showing automation, cause there is nothing to show. Just connect diamond press through NOT gate with radbolt chamber and you're are done.IMG_20220104_204432.thumb.jpg.f40043f9b67dd8e6f1aa9595a7823ccf.jpg

Also I'm not sure, but it seems you are not loosing radbolts in research station and diamond press in case of balck out, but radbolts decay quickly in an unpowered radbolt chamber.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteWind36 said:

Also I'm not sure, but it seems you are not loosing radbolts in research station and diamond press in case of balck out, but radbolts decay quickly in an unpowered radbolt chamber

This is true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteWind36 said:

I don't really understand why someone bothering with such difficult setups, for such purpose

Because I made this setup long before I had access to the Diamond press where to sink excess Radbolts so they get wasted. And because I enjoy optimizing stuff to do exactly what I want it with automation and minimal waste. I assume TeDeum also feels the same, only on a much bigger scale :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...