What's with the performance?

I'm trying to kill Misery Toadstool on my solo server, and despite my connection beating really good (always in green, my internet is through a cable) the massive lag keeps getting me killed. Is it junk on the floor? I didn't have that many problems last time. 

20 minutes ago, Treeomp said:

I'm not sure what is causing the lag, but you should make sure to use the mod 'Don't Starve Alone' to reduce lags and if you have that's great.

Here link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2657513551&searchtext=dont+starve+alone%23

I know myself and I would somehow turn the game on without it once and I really don't want to lose my progress in caves.

3 minutes ago, Treeomp said:

you nshould check task manager maybe something is using up your resources

DST is grinding the PC, that's for sure. 25% of the processor, and that's when I'm not fighting. 

Looks like I just need to do some upgrades to this old box.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, BezKa said:

I'm trying to kill Misery Toadstool on my solo server, and despite my connection beating really good (always in green, my internet is through a cable) the massive lag keeps getting me killed. Is it junk on the floor? I didn't have that many problems last time. 

now the junk is on HD so you migh have fps drops

btw, dont trust the performance bar from the scoreboard, is as useless as lag compensation:wilson_ecstatic:

Archived