How I see the further development of the game in general and updates to the existing mechanics.

The first thing that's begging for is a new amenity update. What I mean.

1. Small diesel generator. To produce power permanently on liquid fuel ethanol or oil by pouring the fuel manually as in a coal-fired power plant. For example as an option a small diesel generator requires 200 liters of oil with carbon dioxide emitted during operation and dirty water drained when filling the tank in a bottle and picked up by the same duplicant.

2. A liquid valve which is mounted directly on the pipe (as in a washbasin) so that the duplicant by opening it can fill the bottle for transfer from the pipe, instead of pumping it with a hand pump.

3. a liquid tank with a manual faucet (like on a washbasin).

4. Fold-out ramp for rocket modules for duplicant applications without electricity

5. Plastic door. This door already exists as a mod but unfortunately with every update the mod fails

6. Freezer (Frezer). This beloved all mod is just great, and its implementation is worth introducing into the game. Just admire this mod. Let him spend 360-480 watts of energy in the later stages of the game it does not matter. But the storage of food after the update has become problematic.

7. A hatch cover for vertical movement such as the one in your video at the end. This has long been requested in the community and I think it's worth doing.

8. An oxygen recuperator for rockets that would run on acidite. A small device that would produce oxygen when loaded with acidite but take up little space.

9. Freeze-dried food machine can produce packaged food which would not spoil or would spoil for a very long time in space travel as in Canned Lice fashion (as a variant of the recipe - meat + plastic film + aluminum) at the output we get canned meat of long storage. Plastics Factory - produces plastic film from plastic. Perhaps it is worth considering a recipe for foil film - plastic turns into plastic film, and then the film + aluminum in the output foil film for the production of long perishable food.

10. Completely permeable cage as in Item Permeable Tiles fashion. It would be worth adding to the game a very useful design especially for the rocket launch pad.

11. Add options for fine-tuning the duplicate features and asteroid peculiarities during world generation - these options have long been requested by the community and they would not be superfluous.

Now Security Update. (Even more security).

1.            Radiation protection cell, as an option for the recipe lead + graphite 99% protection from radiation

2.            Leaded glass recipe lead + diamond pressed glass - glass with extra radiation protection of greenish hue

3.            Quartz glass for the production of quartz lamps (about this next) as a variant of production of quartz in a diamond press of the sand, and after melting of quartz quartz glass in a factory for the production of glass.

4.            Water disinfection station - UV Cleaner this installation already exists in the form of mod Diseases Restored, but it is only available for vanila and also aggravates the situation with diseases. You could do something similar, but without increasing the impact of infections. So that the unit disinfects water from germs, but requires periodic replacement of quartz lamps. Which could be made at the Crafting Table from quartz glass and iron.

5.            Graphene batteries - super capacitive energy batteries with minimal energy dissipation and compactness

Well now let me speculate a bit about possible new DLC.

I, the man who has played this game a huge amount of hours over 2000 and this is only in the license. I can say that at the moment the game is very lacking in the dynamics of the late stages (endgame). What I mean. When a person plays over 1500 cycles. Everything he wanted is built, most of the asteroids are colonized, most of the production chains are brought to perfection - he gets bored. So I propose to introduce an enemy into the game. Namely alien invaders, parasites, hostile aliens or something like that. They could raid at certain intervals, cause destruction and pose a real threat to the existence of the colony. You could call it a DLC - Invasion. On its basis, develop a branch of weapons technology, and protection against invasions. In addition, in outer space you could add space stations suitable for settlement, as unique locations for the search for unique devices and technologies of ancient civilizations. Or pieces of technology that could be applied to a colony. This would open up new unique opportunities for building and not shut down interest in searching for new things in outer space. Also, add to the game - a nuclear reactor for rockets. Not radbolovyy, namely nuclear, which would work on nuclear fuel cells, and have the highest range and practicality in use. Besides that I expect from the developers in the new DLC new elements such as boron, quartz, silver. Refractory alloys, superconductors - arc-fusion plant with good performance and high electricity consumption. You could also add a robot spider builder. Which would be able to move not only on the floor well and on the walls of course and would require a unique alloys and materials for its manufacture. Just turn on your imagination and come to mind a lot of fantastic ideas (teleport for resources, super boosters for rockets accelerating space travel, unique energy sources and artifacts allow you to change the temperature of matter), it really has a lot to develop. Well, in the end. I want to say that I am very pleased that I bought your DLC and glad for its release. I hope that you will continue to please and amaze us with new content. Good luck to all who read this long post to the end.

There may be some errors as I use a translator. 

Freezer.png

small diesel generator.jpg

UV Cleaner.png

Plastic Door.png

On 12/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, catrue said:

1. Small diesel generator. To produce power permanently on liquid fuel ethanol or oil by pouring the fuel manually as in a coal-fired power plant. For example as an option a small diesel generator requires 200 liters of oil with carbon dioxide emitted during operation and dirty water drained when filling the tank in a bottle and picked up by the same duplicant.

I`m not sure if it would see much use. Maybe with early ethanol pools or for colonies. Most of the time when you got liquid fuel you got enough infrastructure to make it all piped. I like how it`s a mid game generator and requires some setup to run continously.

2. A liquid valve which is mounted directly on the pipe (as in a washbasin) so that the duplicant by opening it can fill the bottle for transfer from the pipe, instead of pumping it with a hand pump.

3. a liquid tank with a manual faucet (like on a washbasin).

Suggested a lot. More feasable with the tank due to how pipe mechanics work - a dupe that needs 100kg of water would have to spend 10 seconds by the valve waiting for it to fill. But if it worked like the gas bottle filler and had it`s internal storage it would be fine.

5. Plastic door. This door already exists as a mod but unfortunately with every update the mod fails

I`m not familiar withthe mod. What`s the purpose of plastic door? Blocks gas transfer?

6. Freezer (Frezer). This beloved all mod is just great, and its implementation is worth introducing into the game. Just admire this mod. Let him spend 360-480 watts of energy in the later stages of the game it does not matter. But the storage of food after the update has become problematic.

Some people prefer engineering solutions to keep stuff cold but i`m not against a proper freezer. Especially when it has a reasonable cost. I`d love if it could use liquid oxygen for cooling but i guess that`s kinda overkill.

8. An oxygen recuperator for rockets that would run on acidite. A small device that would produce oxygen when loaded with acidite but take up little space.

Somthing got lost in translation here. Did you mean oxylite? A 1x1 oxylite holder would be a perfect fit for rocket interiors.

9. Freeze-dried food machine can produce packaged food which would not spoil or would spoil for a very long time in space travel as in Canned Lice fashion (as a variant of the recipe - meat + plastic film + aluminum) at the output we get canned meat of long storage. Plastics Factory - produces plastic film from plastic. Perhaps it is worth considering a recipe for foil film - plastic turns into plastic film, and then the film + aluminum in the output foil film for the production of long perishable food.

There were a few suggestions for wrapping food with plastic for infinite freshness. Could be a reipie for a special meal but i`d prefer if it was a machine that does the wrapping at the cost of plastic. Would be reasonably late in the game if it consumed a lot of plastic.

10. Completely permeable cage as in Item Permeable Tiles fashion. It would be worth adding to the game a very useful design especially for the rocket launch pad.

You mean a tile type that lets items through? Would kinda work like ladders but you could build buildings on them. I can see a few designs where this would work.

1.            Radiation protection cell, as an option for the recipe lead + graphite 99% protection from radiation

I like how we currently need thick walls to fully protect but i guess at the cost of graphite it would be reasonable to have better protection.

2.            Leaded glass recipe lead + diamond pressed glass - glass with extra radiation protection of greenish hue

3.            Quartz glass for the production of quartz lamps (about this next) as a variant of production of quartz in a diamond press of the sand, and after melting of quartz quartz glass in a factory for the production of glass.

I think the glass forge needs more recipies. Lead glass doesn`t have to be diamond pressed imo. Regular sand melting with the addition of lead would be enough. This would make the beach bed stucture worthwhile to use in sunlight again. Quartz glass could be a special variant that lets 100% light through (more useful in the vanilla version thiough), could be a rquirement for the sun lamps.

While we are at it why not add uranium glass that produces it`s own light.

4.            Water disinfection station - UV Cleaner this installation already exists in the form of mod Diseases Restored, but it is only available for vanila and also aggravates the situation with diseases. You could do something similar, but without increasing the impact of infections. So that the unit disinfects water from germs, but requires periodic replacement of quartz lamps. Which could be made at the Crafting Table from quartz glass and iron.

They recently made radiation kill germs so it`s possible to design a disinfection system using rad lamps we currently got in the game.

I was interested to hear feedback from a player who is as experienced in the game as I am. You asked what the plastic door was for. The most important thing is convenience . The duplicate running through it absolutely does not lose speed as through the viscogel. In addition, due to the properties of plastic such a door becomes an excellent barrier to radiation. Concerning the UV Cleaner - disinfection unit for liquids - I suggested it as a new way as another more compact and practical option than a radioclamp or cleaning with chlorine or temperature. Radiobar does not give a good performance and requires a lot of space to build and clean a lot. Chlorine purification is quite compact but takes a long time to build. A good unit for 6 tons of liquid per cycle requires at least 10 cycles to build in emergency mode. And unfortunately it allows germs to break through the pipe though very rarely. The UV Cleaner will solve this problem. It would become as handy as a dirty water cleaner late in the game.

I don't agree with you about the freezer. It is currently one of the most popular mods in Steam. After the emergence of the system when the food spoils not refrigerated players were forced to build although not very sophisticated but not at all compact storage systems. And their construction was usually postponed to the middle of the game... When there is almost never a problem with food. For example, I already have more than 1.5 million kilocalories of food on three asteroids for the 500 cycle. So I propose to introduce it for convenience and compactness. Although it would consume a lot of energy, the player would not have to worry about cooling the food. Because the existing fridge is a half measure of not normally storing food supplies and wasting energy. Calculated for a very early game.

Sorry, but I am strongly opposed to addition of a freezer bulding in game. It will, under most implementations, render making deep freezer builds, completely devoid of reward. Also, food storage problem is a phantom problem, and in my estimation, probably stems from lack of knowledge of basic automation or overestimating the usefulness of isoresin.

This post is not for arguments and disagreements about decisions in the game or different settings. The two points of view expressed are valid. But I want to say that the main thing that was taken away from the player is choice. And the Freezer mod is excellent proof of that. I agree that this mechanic (spoilage of food over time) allows the player to adjust to this factor by inventing sophisticated mechanics for longer storage of food. But many players want to put ideas and their enthusiasm into other mechanics without spending time on this aspect in their opinion is not so important. Which clearly demonstrates the popularity of this mod in the Steam workshop. Then why not implement this solution in the game.

Why not give the player a choice. As is done with morality. I often disable morale, which allows me to make universal duplicates without wasting a huge amount of time. And that's great.

Archived