My version of how to improve Wolfgang's rework

(I'm using google translate)

The main problem with the rework is that Wolfgang is greatly weakened (especially compared to other characters), and the gameplay for him has become more routine.

It would be much better if his strength parameter remained much longer (for example, in order to maintain maximum shape, he needs to train once every 20 days) + return him to his old amount of HP (he is big, so he should have more). Its strength should not have a constant scale from the strength parameter (this is just a useless feature), but simply should change depending on its shape (weak 0.75 damage, normal 1.25 damage, strong 2.0 damage).
And most importantly, like the cherry on the cake, give the opportunity to gain strength to other characters, for example, with the dumbbells, maybe even some special ones (the maximum increase in strength is 1.5 times, and not 2 like Wolfgang's).

As a balance, make sure that the stronger the Wolfgang becomes, the more food he needs (for example, 1.5 times more in its maximum form), and also remove the dependence of the decline in strength from hunger (this is just another not interesting routine ).

52 minutes ago, landromat said:

Don't worry, mods like this will appear soon after live patch.

In my opinion rework is great, no changes needed

What's the point of waiting for a rework, then? If I can just install mods that do everything the developers didn't. This is the point, I am waiting for the update of the game, because I am interested in watching its development and improvement. And when there are updates that take the game away from improving it, I want the developers to hear, understand, and most importantly, fix it.

"In my opinion rework is great, no changes needed", here we are not talking about personal opinion, its rework is objectively rather bad. The character has become worse, moreover, the gameplay for him has become more routine. For almost the same strength, you need to not only be full, but also do the gym. It's like paying for a product that is made from less quality materials and has become several times more expensive.

3 hours ago, Mit_Mit_Mit said:

What's the point of waiting for a rework, then? If I can just install mods that do everything the developers didn't. This is the point, I am waiting for the update of the game, because I am interested in watching its development and improvement. And when there are updates that take the game away from improving it, I want the developers to hear, understand, and most importantly, fix it.

"In my opinion rework is great, no changes needed", here we are not talking about personal opinion, its rework is objectively rather bad. The character has become worse, moreover, the gameplay for him has become more routine. For almost the same strength, you need to not only be full, but also do the gym. It's like paying for a product that is made from less quality materials and has become several times more expensive.

I love his rework and don't like your suggestion. That's why mods will be more preferable.

We're talking about personal opinion because your whole post is personal opinion.

I understand you want them to not touch OP wolfgang and keep oneshotting most bosses without any effort but Wolfgang needed to be weaker

3 hours ago, landromat said:

I love his rework and don't like your suggestion. That's why mods will be more preferable.

We're talking about personal opinion because your whole post is personal opinion.

I understand you want them to not touch OP wolfgang and keep oneshotting most bosses without any effort but Wolfgang needed to be weaker

no no he doesn't i don't get why people think killing bosses faster is so op and i hate that people think balance should take priority over how fun they are you are playing the character you play because how fun they are not because they are balanced having a simple character who can also appeal to people who like to speedrun or just like to mow down bosses faster and like to have the speed is something the game needed instead the rework decided to strip a lot of it for the sake of balance and that is annoying

10 hours ago, Dextops said:

hate that people think balance should take priority over how fun they are

If things are too easy game becomes unfun quickly. That's how it works.

And do you really think using a dumbbells couple times per day is more tedious than collecting and hoarding tons of food in your inventory and eat every second for max damage?

They took his speed but he can use piggy back and Marble suit without any downside which is huge.

He isn't much weaker. Main thing I'm concerned is his new 25% shadow creatures penalty

15 hours ago, landromat said:

"We're talking about personal opinion because your whole post is personal opinion" nope, my post is not my personal opinion, it is a reasoned criticism of the rework and a suggestion on how to do it better. If I argued that the rework is not very good by the fact that "I did not like it", then you would be right. Translated into a metaphor, I say that chocolate cake is bad not because I didn't like it, but because it is made of garbage.

"I understand you want them to not touch OP wolfgang and keep oneshotting most bosses without any effort but Wolfgang needed to be weaker" The fun fact is, I don't even play Wolfgang. YES, Wolfgang is a strong character when compared to others in terms of DPS, however that does not make him an OP, because a large amount of damage does not kill the interest in gameplay. You still have to prepare armor, weapons and food for healing, and with the increased damage, you just do it in smaller quantities. I mostly play as Wurt and when I see characters like Wanda or Wolfgang I don't wonder why they are so strong, I wonder why I am so weak. Therefore, as one of my suggestions for the rework, I mentioned the ability to gain power for other characters.

25 minutes ago, landromat said:

You don't know what personal opinion means then

You have chosen the wrong person to argue with about the philosophy of personal opinion.

But the right person, with whom you can argue at all, because I am too lazy to explain why you can be wrong in this matter. So you can think that you are right.

5 hours ago, landromat said:

If things are too easy game becomes unfun quickly. That's how it works.

And do you really think using a dumbbells couple times per day is more tedious than collecting and hoarding tons of food in your inventory and eat every second for max damage?

They took his speed but he can use piggy back and Marble suit without any downside which is huge.

He isn't much weaker. Main thing I'm concerned is his new 25% shadow creatures penalty

no its that this rework didn't make him any more fun because his perks are only useful every twenty days or so so his perks are most of the time being ignored because mightyness has nothing going for it except a perk thats useless for a team and a perk that loses its purpose quickly

30 minutes ago, Dextops said:

no its that this rework didn't make him any more fun because his perks are only useful every twenty days or so so his perks are most of the time being ignored because mightyness has nothing going for it except a perk thats useless for a team and a perk that loses its purpose quickly

I hear 20 days a lot, but unless you’ve already killed every boss then you can kill as many in a row as you want. Go eyeball dragonfly bee queen deerclops then straight into shadow pieces asap if you want. In the interum you still need to kill hounds (and clear hound mounds at least once) clear killer bee hives, clear the ruins, farm nightmare fuel from splumonkeys, farm pigskin from werepigs, and a whole bunch of other combat related activities, i rarely go three days without killing SOMETHING. And thats not as a combat focused character typically.
i mean yeah his update didnt make him more fun, but idk what they could have done without changing the main purpose of the character. He’s a fighter, he fights. He’s an option beside wigfrid. Wigfrid isn’t “fun” by the standard you’re setting either. 

1 minute ago, Copyafriend said:

I hear 20 days a lot, but unless you’ve already killed every boss then you can kill as many in a row as you want. Go eyeball dragonfly bee queen deerclops then straight into shadow pieces asap if you want. In the interum you still need to kill hounds (and clear hound mounds at least once) clear killer bee hives, clear the ruins, farm nightmare fuel from splumonkeys, farm pigskin from werepigs, and a whole bunch of other combat related activities, i rarely go three days without killing SOMETHING. And thats not as a combat focused character typically.
i mean yeah his update didnt make him more fun, but idk what they could have done without changing the main purpose of the character. He’s a fighter, he fights. He’s an option beside wigfrid. Wigfrid isn’t “fun” by the standard you’re setting either. 

nah i say 20 days because most bosses worth killing more than once (beequeen) respawn after 20 days iirc so im using it as a general estimate but other than for fun value not many bosses are worth fighting more than once what they could've done is give him more general purpose outside of combat but still have that perk help in combat while also raising his skill ceiling cough cough speed boost cough cough

Archived