update while game is paused (crash)

When I pause dst from time to time the game crashes because it runs into

assert(not TheNet:IsServerPaused(), "Update() called on paused server!")

This is from the main Update() function. I wonder what mod cause this update while the game is paused but I have no idea how to find out. There are no explicit calls of "Update()".

Can anyone help me out?

20 hours ago, krylincy said:

This is from the main Update() function. I wonder what mod cause this update while the game is paused but I have no idea how to find out. There are no explicit calls of "Update()".

Generally variables that are global initialized in files of the scripts root directory are meant to be used as singleton objects or function callbacks from the C-side.

In this case you won't see this function being called anywhere as this is a C-side function entrypoint into the LUA state, which from the function arguments taking in 'dt' (delta time) implies that it should be called every game loop tick.  The assertion further implies that it should not be called if the server is paused.

This sounds more like a state error where the server should be paused but isn't adhering to it on the C-side.  If you can reproduce this error consistently, then I'd recommend filing a bug report on the tracker: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/

• Like 2