I would first like to see some sort of storage that would be limited to 10 items or so that you control how much of each you want to store (so loading rockets wouldn't be as tedious), but that is something that I don't think will happen.

I would like to see the following things added as research for spaced out:

• Mini water tank. Counts as tiles so dupes can walk on it. 1 x 2 space and holds 500 kg liquids. Requires 200 refined metal and 50 plastic to make.
  • Mini gas tank. Can be placed without supporting blocks under it (so it can hang from a ceiling or wall). 1x4 Space (or even 2x2 if that would be better) and holds 15 kg of gases. Requires 200 refined metal and 50 plastic to make. This would be more of a utility item rather than for a rocket (so we could have buffers for gas systems without needing the big bulky gas tank and to make it more compact than a bunch of pipes extra).
  • Mini fridge. Can be placed without supporting blocks under it (so it can hang from a ceiling or wall). 1x1 space and holds 10kg of food at max (selectable of course). Requires 100 Refined metal and 50 plastic to make. Power draw 60 and 10 for power saving.
  • Shower toilet. Works as a toilet as well as a shower (but not both at the same time). 2x4 space. Requires 400 refined metal and 100 plastic to make.
  • Spacefarer Expansion Module. Would add 2x8 space extra to a rocket's interior for building. Burden 4 (maybe 5?), Height 3. Requires 300 Metal ore to build.

1 hour ago, oconzer said:

I would first like to see some sort of storage that would be limited to 10 items or so that you control how much of each you want to store

Would love that too, especially in a formfactor of a medical/emergency cabinet that allows placing some medicines and suits. Something to better automate seeds will be nice as well. Having to load 10x each type of seed was troublesome even before mutations.

1 hour ago, oconzer said:

so loading rockets wouldn't be as tedious

On the plus side it is somewhat automatable. New 'counter/meter' devices for pipes and conveyors allow rationing supplies. Loading exactly 15t of igneous rock and 2t of steel is possible into container-module (might be possible to load into interior as well, haven't tried).

Conveyor counts in 20kg units, so it can't supply 10kg of seeds, but for everything above that it works fine. Would have been a lot nicer if it could have a limit above 500 units, but it's possible to work around.

Archived