Unwanted items disposal

Everyone has a problem with lots of unwanted stuff and junk and lure plants just dont eat everything. There were few suggestions on how to solve this, so I have one too... Inspired by Shipwrecked DLC, where is a mechanic, when everything thrown into the ocean will eventually sink, heavy objects faster, light ones slower. It would be awesome to have this mechanic in DST too. Did not observe anything like this in DST so far, and if it is there, it is really slow.

When my character changes clothes at a Wardrobe an animation of shadow hands literally redress them, it would be cool to be able to like say hold down the interact button for 10 seconds to drop items onto the ground and have shadow hands drag them into the ground never to be seen again.

I predict that the only reason such a feature isn’t in the game is because bad people will just steal & Permanently delete everything, it’s really a case of “We can’t have nice features because some jerks going to abuse it beyond it’s intended purposes.”

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

what is it that lureplants dont eat?

and alot of things can be thrown to disappear in the DST sea.

On PC yes, on Console no you can’t just throw stuff into the sea.. what you CAN do however is put your stuff on a boat and then light that boat on fire.. most items don’t sink though..

Some Items can also be thrown into the Composting Bin.. don’t forget that’s a thing that exists now.

Archived