Plant family value reduction

I'm on console (cancer I know) and farming isn't exactly the most neat operation so I like to separate my farm plots with a tile of space in between each that way I know whatever plot I'm tilling is always going to be that plot, and that's well and good but most of the fun crops like dragon fruit or peppers require three other plants of themselves to benefit from the family value, and you can't fit 12 plants on a plot (on console at least) to get that family value, and even if you could if you put more than 10 on a plot it starts to hinder the plants, I think crop rotation was a really neat idea but I can't really utilize three dragon fruit three garlic Three tomatoes etc on one plot without hindering the family value, if the family value were brought down from four to three though all of these problems could be solved, anyone else with me?

All plants require three others of their kind near them to get the family bonus. You can theoretically fit up to 10 plants on one tile without the overcrowding penalty, but most players just do 9. Not sure how hard it would be to do 9 on one tile with a controller, but that lets you get two different plants with the family bonus on that tile.

If you're having trouble fitting 8 or 9 plants on the same tile you can either disregard the family bonus or put multiple plots near eachother.

use more than 1 tile to do that, plants get the family bonus from nearby plots too, it does not have to be in the exact plot just 4 of the same type in close vecinity. 

I don't think you can place 12 plants in a plot on pc either, even if you did you will get overcrowded debuff. I also play on console and use 9 plants per tile, I don't have problems doing it.  

Archived