Problem with Metheus Puzzle Part 3

So today I did the Metheus Puzzle together with a firend and we finally solved the stupid chest sorting puzzle so we wanted to get our cane and chest skin and so I went down the caves to the ancient chest and put in the items that our solution told us.

With the help of the cheatsheet I know we need 3 NM Fuel, 1 Cane, 1 Crow, 2 Thhulecite, 4 yellow Gems and 3 Berries in that particular order. I put everything in the chest and closed it. The chest "chewed" for 5 seconds but instead of Metheus knowing my presents the chest spit all my items out and my char claimed that we failed.

I don't understand whats wrong and why it doesn't work :( Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

Player 1.PNG

Player 2.jpg

Chest filled.PNG

failed.PNG

3 hours ago, BezKa said:

Were you both there, close enough to the chest?

I checked the items and amounts btw, everything is correct there. 

No we tried filling the chest in our seperated worlds xD But yeah if we need to be in the same world together it makes sense that it didn't work!
Do we both get the skins when filling ONE chest in eigher of our worlds or do we need to fill the chest twice with me hosting first time and him hosting the second?

2 minutes ago, Sera_chan said:

No we tried filling the chest in our seperated worlds xD But yeah if we need to be in the same world together it makes sense that it didn't work!
Do we both get the skins when filling ONE chest in eigher of our worlds or do we need to fill the chest twice with me hosting first time and him hosting the second?

You both get it regardless of who is the host.

Heheh, Metheus messed me up when I tried to finish it too. My companion was just a bit too far away from the chest (checking out the area behind the pseudoscience station), so it spat out all the items. And since one of the aforementioned items was a live bee, that meant we had to return to the surface to make a new bug net to finish the puzzle with.

Worth it for the chest skin, though. And even though I don't want to admit it, I do like the ancient cane.

Archived