Clarification on Skin Rules

Hello everyone, today I just want some clarification on the skin rules. On the Steam DST Workshop it states that this in the rules in technically not allowed.

- Mods intended to circumvent metagame entitlements (I.e. skins, item drops, DLC or product ownership)

Let's say I have a mod that changes the appearance of crockpot dishes. It's a very simple mod. Enable it and all the crockpot dishes change their appearances, disable it and they all turn back to normal. Is this technically legal? Crockpot foods aren't something Klei would release skins for, and it's not like you can use a Clean Sweeper on it or something. I just want clarification that I can use code to change the appearance of crockpot foods, or I need to change something if it's not allowed.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't see any issue with this as the foods generated from the crockpot are done with no ability for the user to pick their dish skin as it were.

If Klei decides to add it in later, then you may run into some issues with code conflicts but generally mods that do things before Klei get to stay around.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

Let's say I have a mod that changes the appearance of crockpot dishes

Nothing wrong

Again the only thing you cant do is make existing skins, even if you were to hand-draw Webber's magmatic skin it would be fine because its your art, but ripping their assets or unlocking them through some means "inorder to circumvent item drops or DLC ownership" is what they will not allow, you could likely take skins existing in DST and put them into DS since they do not exist there and therefore wouldnt be circumventing anything but that might not be waters you would want to (or need to in your case) test

Edited by TemporarySolutn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Nothing wrong

Again the only thing you cant do is make existing skins, even if you were to hand-draw Webber's magmatic skin it would be fine because its your art, but ripping their assets or unlocking them through some means "inorder to circumvent item drops or DLC ownership" is what they will not allow, you could likely take skins existing in DST and put them into DS since they do not exist there and therefore wouldnt be circumventing anything but that might not be waters you would want to (or need to in your case) test

19 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

I wouldn't see any issue with this as the foods generated from the crockpot are done with no ability for the user to pick their dish skin as it were.

If Klei decides to add it in later, then you may run into some issues with code conflicts but generally mods that do things before Klei get to stay around.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.