[Mod Request] Dormant detection automation

Hello fellow drug addicts (and overlords),

A brief seach of the forums has found me short of one piece of hardware that I would love to have in my toolkit: the dormant detector automation!

I wonder how could be that nobody else ever requested nor find it useful enough to request such a feature and perhaps this makes me ponder on how dependant on automation I really am, but I digress.

so: geysers/vents/volcanoes dormancy detection. Can be done? cannot be done? can be "mounted" on a feature or should it be put in the same room (i.e. like critter sensors) with green/red toggle when dormancy (or activity) is detected (more or less like any 'presence' sensors)

purpose: it might be useful to know when a certain feature goes dormant so you could run maintenance/upgrades or to simply turn on an auto sweeper to pick up stuff, i.e. I like taming metal volcanoes with each their own steam engine to cool down to 125°C metal debris before turning on the sweeper that will extract them.

Since you can analyze the building, you could set up a really really really long timer? Or timer + counter ;)

Though it would've been nice if the little doodad they place on analyzed spouters had an automation output or two.

14 hours ago, Isidoro said:

Hello fellow drug addicts (and overlords),

A brief seach of the forums has found me short of one piece of hardware that I would love to have in my toolkit: the dormant detector automation!

I wonder how could be that nobody else ever requested nor find it useful enough to request such a feature and perhaps this makes me ponder on how dependant on automation I really am, but I digress.

so: geysers/vents/volcanoes dormancy detection. Can be done? cannot be done? can be "mounted" on a feature or should it be put in the same room (i.e. like critter sensors) with green/red toggle when dormancy (or activity) is detected (more or less like any 'presence' sensors)

purpose: it might be useful to know when a certain feature goes dormant so you could run maintenance/upgrades or to simply turn on an auto sweeper to pick up stuff, i.e. I like taming metal volcanoes with each their own steam engine to cool down to 125°C metal debris before turning on the sweeper that will extract them.

+1 to this! 

I tied to mod it once, but it looked like automation ports could be added to the buildings, and the vents are not a building.

I'm not saying it can't ever be done, but it is not something trivial like adding logic port to the fridge

On 10/5/2021 at 8:50 AM, SharraShimada said:

Maybe there is no such mod, because there is always a way to detect it? For example you got a CO² geyser, and you want to know when its dormant. How to detect? Automation setup that gives you a notification when the chamber pressure is below X for > Y seconds.

The issue there is that if you have a volcano, for instance, you can use the (long) dormancy period to service the volcano chamber, e.g. by picking up metal ingots or pump off undesirable gases or whatever.

I didn't find that mod you linked here because I've filtered by DLC compatible only. my bad! will try it and see if it works with SO :D 

EDIT: not compatible with SO ç_ç

Archived