The Cheapest Tamer?

Props for the compactness, it's certainly among the most compact I've seen.

Cheaper as in materials? Sure, use Wheezeworts. No Oil, Steel or Plastic required.

Cheaper as in power? Sure, mathmanican's Clown Hat is power positive and has been around for 2 years.

Several players have similar designs, that use various game mechanisms (or avoid some) to get very close to power neutral, or in the Clown Hat case, power positive (without Super Coolant of course, it's easy to get power positive with Super Coolant). 

Basically, any design that aims to heat up the Steam to pass it through Steam Turbines (I call them Steamers) is going to be very close to power neutral, contrary to designs that condense the Steam (I call them Condensers) which will be at almost 100W for every 1kg/s of Steam.

7 hours ago, Fradow said:

Props for the compactness, it's certainly among the most compact I've seen.

Cheaper as in materials? Sure, use Wheezeworts. No Oil, Steel or Plastic required.

Cheaper as in power? Sure, mathmanican's Clown Hat is power positive and has been around for 2 years.

Several players have similar designs, that use various game mechanisms (or avoid some) to get very close to power neutral, or in the Clown Hat case, power positive (without Super Coolant of course, it's easy to get power positive with Super Coolant). 

Basically, any design that aims to heat up the Steam to pass it through Steam Turbines (I call them Steamers) is going to be very close to power neutral, contrary to designs that condense the Steam (I call them Condensers) which will be at almost 100W for every 1kg/s of Steam.

Here at tuxii industries we were aiming for the smallest form-factor, lowest barrier of entry, plug-and-play and able to tame any vent in any place.  (We didn't want to bring to market something this inexpensive that we couldn't sell you multiple times per playthrough.)

Sure if you got wort seeds and phosphorite you can go the wheezewort route but they are not always available... and our botanist is afraid of em, we only keep him around because he works for free.

The Clown Hat has that other freak we like to keep locked up in the lab pointing and saying "See!" The bean counters are thinking about letting the boys in R&D take a look... I don't get paid enough for this crap, but what am I gonna do, make my own fried mush bars?!?  I guess I'll take solace in the fact that the lab rat will never get a whiff of super coolant. Heh heh heh, make it power positive now, Stinky.

Archived