Glass Forge Fail

I setup a glass forge to make enough glass for a rocket solar panel...

After a few cycles I still did not have enough glass for the panel and saw the request count had fallen to 0 but the amount of glass was stuck at 180...

So I added a few more, scratching my head, maybe I did not calculate right... and so I set up 10 more... went about doing other things... moments later I realised the amount was still 180!!

So I decided to record the issue. Here's the video...

I setup another drop tile and now the count is rising as it should

image.thumb.png.61e23da2717c3cf9e8b7405b14654de7.png

Hard-earned lesson: don't drop liquid glass into a mixed-liquid pool, or it can be deleted.

My explanation (someone might have a more accurate one): liquid glass falls, not yet into the world, until it reaches a solid. When it does, it tries to transform into a bead. Since it cannot displace the Polluted Water (because there is other elements on each side), it gets deleted before turning into Debris. When there is a single liquid pool, it's able to displace the liquid to create a liquid glass bead, which then state changes to debris.

The heat from the glass isn't as horrible as you may assume by the way. It's very hot, but also has a very low mass. So nothing much happens. Dropping it on a metal tile that touches the water below could be enough

Archived