FruitBat's conceptual wishlist

Hello, everyone! It's been years since I joined in on online forum types, but Klei community is good people, so I don't think there's anything for me to worry about. Still in love with Don't Starve's aesthetic, and with DST having an ever active development still with the 64 bit upgrade, I like trying to guess what we can expect next for big updates.

More art to follow soon! And feel free to ask about each little art bit I came up with.

(also looking for potential modders for some of these)

1270899756_dstmodassetsfinal.thumb.png.a8d352884da2a74f7e483f7f2278f9f5.png

• Like 8

These were surprisingly time consuming to think up, but I like to think we get a verdant inspired island update with seasonal fruit trees and a local 'planimal' boss. And a late game silk alternative for those who dislike managing excess spider glands.

Bowl of grubs as a crockpot dish will guarantee bottom down sanity using three live grubs, but it's a very big meal with some health. Everything else is generally good for brain! Prunes from dried plums are a long lasting fruit like jerky is for meat.

Planted Blue Bells attract improve butter drop rate in an area and attract butterflies. When held out like the Shadow Thurible, it keeps most normal mobs from becoming aggressive, so you can pick up meat around bunnymen, shave sea weed in daytime and overall harvesting around hostile mobs becomes easier.

(All this was inspired from the lack of orchard/fruit tree options we have. Or inspired from the new fig trees?)

dst mod assets final2.png

• Like 6

Damn I love these! I'm on a flora artistic vibe and it would be amazing to see your take on all those fruit's trees.
Orchidna looks so good! Fitting name, fitting Bearger's skeleton so well while being it's complete own self, smart idea making him completely quadruped for that extra individuality. It reminds me of a mob I sketched long ago and never let him see the light of day.
Wilson there makes me think I should have a character to compare sizes on my creations too. I shall steal that idea.
What is your inspiration here?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Damn I love these! I'm on a flora artistic vibe and it would be amazing to see your take on all those fruit's trees.
Orchidna looks so good! Fitting name, fitting Bearger's skeleton so well while being it's complete own self, smart idea making him completely quadruped for that extra individuality. It reminds me of a mob I sketched long ago and never let him see the light of day.
Wilson there makes me think I should have a character to compare sizes on my creations too. I shall steal that idea.
What is your inspiration here?

Thank you! I plan on working on the fruit trees eventually so I can try reach what tree style hasn't been explored yet.

I am curious to see what mob it is you thought up, I'm sure it's nothing short of creatively imaginative. And Wilson being my character model keeps the detail scaling on everything consistent <3

I'm inspired to see more ocean biomes, and we have yet to have trees we can eat from sans recent giant fig trees. I don't count the cave bananas; I want my fruit trees a bit more convenient to reach lol

• Like 2