Option to turn off or tone down Waterlogged biome "Godrays" would be nice.

These godrays i the new biome. There are way too many of them and they are too densely packed.

While DST works perfectly fine on my PC on huge worlds with caves enabled. Perfect performance everywhere including in mega bases with a lot of players or enemies etc.

Waterlogged biome is the ONLY place in entire game where my performance completely tanks (game locks to 30 FPS whenver i'm near or in the biome)

Sure they look pretty but an option to disable them or tone them down (or both) would be nice.

PS:

Disabling canopy shadows has 0 effect on the performance in the new biome

+1 to having this as an option.  I'm always for turning off aesthetics.

As for the canopy shadows having little to no effect on your performance, it affects integrated chipsets that (barely) run this game more.  It's a projected texture which old/cheap cards don't like too well.

I haven't tested the performance related to these rays yet though as I haven't really been into the biome much.  A thing in hamlet were dangling vines that had some weird performance overhead more than any of the other effects.  Perhaps there are dangling vines that are using similar/same tech as the hamlet ones?

7 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

+1 to having this as an option.  I'm always for turning off aesthetics.

As for the canopy shadows having little to no effect on your performance, it affects integrated chipsets that (barely) run this game more.  It's a projected texture which old/cheap cards don't like too well.

I haven't tested the performance related to these rays yet though as I haven't really been into the biome much.  A thing in hamlet were dangling vines that had some weird performance overhead more than any of the other effects.  Perhaps there are dangling vines that are using similar/same tech as the hamlet ones?

Haven't really played Hamlet or DS in general so can't tell.

And honestly i am not so sure anymore. These godrays seemed like the likely culprit cause i noticed the closer they are to the screen the more it lags (however it doesnt go below 30 fps) and its the only place in the game where i have any performance issues. Game works flawlessly everywhere else even in mega bases.

However i noticed something odd after i done more testing. Turning off bloom completely removes the lag in that biome, but only when zoomed in about 50% (vines and canopy still visible) with bloom on its laggy in the new biome regardless of zoom.

Really odd.

Archived