cant fullscreen

i always have the same issue but sometimes im able to fix it somehow

i tried to change the client file and write "fullscreen = true" but it change to "false" everytime i restar the game also i changed the compatibility to windows 7 but didnt work neither

someone else have an idea of what can i do?

edit: is only happening in the 64bits version but is something that happens usually to me in both dst and ds

Does holding Alt and pressing Enter change to fullscreen?

Another thread suggested using the Windows 8.1 compatibility setting on the games .exe rather than Windows 7, then start the game and change to fullscreen in the games settings.

10 minutes ago, Orangex said:

Does holding Alt and pressing Enter change to fullscreen?

nope, i tried and didnt do anything

10 minutes ago, Orangex said:

Another thread suggested using the Windows 8.1 compatibility setting on the games .exe rather than Windows 7, then start the game and change to fullscreen in the games settings.

in the compatibility menu only appears w8 which im kinda sure i tried too but i will try 

Not the best solution for this problem, but you could use fake fullscreen method (they call it borderless gaming too). With the right resolution, it will look the same as fullscreen (with better performance probably :) ). I usually use third part apps to do that but as I remember, you can change it from steam launch options if you are using steam version.

Like I said, not the best solution, but you can try it if you have to :D 

Edit:
I tried it for you and fullscrenizer app works perfectly.

image.thumb.png.eeccabe2b58b90b5844e974985fe6009.png

The website of app died long time ago, I can send you the webarchived download link as a message if you want bc I don't think moderators is gonna let me share a download link here.

ALSO use this app at your own risk. Not for DST but can cause VAC bans in other games. There is NO evidence that this app caused ban on internet but you just know how servers hate third party apps.

58 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Not the best solution for this problem, but you could use fake fullscreen method (they call it borderless gaming too). With the right resolution, it will look the same as fullscreen (with better performance probably :) ). I usually use third part apps to do that but as I remember, you can change it from steam launch options if you are using steam version.

Like I said, not the best solution, but you can try it if you have to :D 

Edit:
I tried it for you and fullscrenizer app works perfectly.

image.thumb.png.eeccabe2b58b90b5844e974985fe6009.png

The website of app died long time ago, I can send you the webarchived download link as a message if you want bc I don't think moderators is gonna let me share a download link here.

ALSO use this app at your own risk. Not for DST but can cause VAC bans in other games. There is NO evidence that this app caused ban on internet but you just know how servers hate third party apps.

Thanks i will take a look. Idk if my computer can handle more apps at the same time than dst (already it doesnt get 60fps in certain moments..)

Archived