Had a question about platforms @nome.

I've noticed that some people are hosting their servers on platform 19 (cough Klei cough) & 32. You had mentioned these numbers are bitfields (just a combination of other numbers).

image.png.2cc7f1d5d9eb4003b457f69ffa2bc4ee.png

Looking at the server names it seems 19 is PS4/PSN related. I'm wondering why Klei doesn't just use 0x02 in this case. 19 would seem to be 1/2/16 (PC, PSN, Xbox) and 32 would be 1/4/8/19 (???). I believe cross platform play currently isn't a thing, so I'm curious as to the purpose of this. For platform 19 I would guess your servers could be hosted on PC, PSN, or Xbox. Would the same be true for platform 32 (0x20)? Is it possible for anyone to host a server with any combination of platform numbers (eg. 1/8/16 or 2/16 etc). I feel like this is something only Klei could do, but what do I know :P Someone is running DST v -1000. :wilson_sneaky:

image.png.9bd9cb1984e7900198460b46b0d11adb.png

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

• Developer

Cross platform play isn't a thing for users on the internet because we don't have a good cross-platform NAT traversal system integrated and because we don't have the infrastructure to support keeping all the different platforms in sync, but internally for development we sometimes need to connect a PC build and a console build together to debug something..

Archived