Things I like about DLC

Just now, SeniorPuft said:

I feel solar panels in general need some balancing. Without the need to build setups capable of protecting the panels they just print electricity and the research to get them isn't that difficult to begin with. Maybe they should produce less power...maybe like 120W per panel or something.

To be honest I don't really think it matters anymore. By the time you get them set up they usually are only tiding over your power grid. I would rebalance them so the waveform builds don't work but other then that they already produce less then most generators. Solar energy in general isn't meant to be that complicated its main limiting factor is just how much space can you dedicate to them. So if you nerf the strategy that is maximizing the space they take up then I think its fine. Just make them like the steam generator where each tile is the input generating energy. Each tile you cover lowers the max output.

3 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Just make them like the steam generator where each tile is the input generating energy. Each tile you cover lowers the max output.

In a way, they are already like steam turbines and that is why the sine wave pattern works. Each inlet of the turbine generates energy, but it is also possible to block some of them and still get the maximum power production by feeding the turbine hotter steam. In parallel, it is possible for solar panels to generate maximum power by exposing a lower amount of tiles to enough lux. It may be less obvious to place turbines in a sine wave pattern, but we can definitely make them work at max power without all 5 inlets.

Archived