Spider Eats Most meats from Spider War

I find that on console it's hard to pick up monster meat dropped by spiders during a spider war, also the spider during a spider war will prioritize eating the piece of monster meat over fighting in a spider war. This prioritizing meat doesn't happen when Abigail starts wiping a nest so why does it happen during spider wars?

5 hours ago, IronChops said:

This prioritizing meat doesn't happen when Abigail starts wiping a nest so why does it happen during spider wars?

because with abigail they always have aggro, but in a (botched) spider war there will be a second where no/few spiders might stop for a second when one of the spiders are killed giving them a chance to get their snack on, just have "multiple" spider wars going on at the same time

(this is just what I gathered from playing, not sure if I am actually correct, I am not a genius)

The key to a successful spider war is spotting the meat and going for it before anything else, and when a spider de argos during battle in the start of a war they immediately agro back to something else. So be more vigilant towards the end to collect the most meat. If your good you can outpace abby. But shes still good for such

1 hour ago, CaRat said:

The key to a successful spider war is spotting the meat and going for it before anything else, and when a spider de argos during battle in the start of a war they immediately agro back to something else. So be more vigilant towards the end to collect the most meat. If your good you can outpace abby. But shes still good for such

To add to this you can make more dens so over time your going to outpace what wendy will collect.

3 hours ago, CaRat said:

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

To add to this you can make more dens so over time your going to outpace what wendy will collect.

You guys must not play on console but it can be literally impossible to pick up the meat. There is no "hold space bar" to pick up the meat even if you spot it immediately. 

You can only pick something up if the buttons to pick up said item are present. The game switches between what you can interact with depending on priority. What usually ends up happening is a spider or something else you can interact with will pop and in that fraction of a second you lose the meat. 

There have been multiple times I have To fight the game for control and why the weather pain doesn't work. Wanna shoot the weather pain at fuelweave? Nah, you want to shoot it at the bone cage you're in.

Also shooting the weather pain and cancelling the lock-on are the same button. Derp.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

You guys must not play on console but it can be literally impossible to pick up the meat. There is no "hold space bar" to pick up the meat even if you spot it immediately. 

You can only pick something up if the buttons to pick up said item are present. The game switches between what you can interact with depending on priority. What usually ends up happening is a spider or something else you can interact with will pop and in that fraction of a second you lose the meat. 

There have been multiple times I have To fight the game for control and why the weather pain doesn't work. Wanna shoot the weather pain at fuelweave? Nah, you want to shoot it at the bone cage you're in.

Also shooting the weather pain and cancelling the lock-on are the same button. Derp.

Sorry can't really say anything about console so you got me there.

Archived