Move the Moonstorm to a set location on Lunar Island

It is very concerning that none has made any complaints about it yet (none that I have seen at least), but it's incredibly annoying and damaging to the game when new players just enter a storm and don't know what is happening while being subjected to awful vision and slower movement due to no fault of their own. The storm moves between random biomes from place to place and you can have entire base locations and locations near the spawn area suddenly become uninhabitable at random intervals until someone beats the Celestial Champion. Then pray they don't just reinsert the 3 altars and start the cycle all over again afterwards because you can't just remove the altars when they have been triangulated for some reason.

If you just moved the storm to a specific location on the lunar island it would cut the grind and keep the main island cut from this nonsense. You already get put to sleep by gestalts at night at the cost of not having to deal with darkness, but this is just beyond unfair to someone who just joins the game and trying to explain to them what is even happening. You might miss out on getting some easy moon shards, but this is ridiculous and needs to be addressed. The amount of infused shards and gleam requirements for initiating the fight along with 2 stages to start it seems very artificial, you could have kept it to one stage and cut some of the requirements.

Yeah it takes way too long and too many resources to summon the boss each time. You already have to get all the altars, kill crab king, kill bee queen etc and essentially be at an end game state to even begin the moonstorm. THEN you have to collect all the materials as well risking damage to mob pens, walls and other aspects of your base/outposts if the moon storm hits it.

The three restrained static are the worst part for me because on console you pretty much have to change to Wendy to get this done (Or hire bunnymen but that can be problematic for many reasons).

The moon storm is way too destructive (Just do not understand why it needs to damage structures) and can completely undo special mob pens or farms you built if you don't immediately move the moonstorm when it's in a bad spot. 

You should only have to gather all the resources the once and have some other much easier way to redo the fight after the first time. Placing the three altars and then not fighting the boss would allow you to experience the moonstorm again if you wish (for whatever reason or to mass gather moon shards). 

I love the CC and the enlightened crown he drops, the non stop full moons and the lore tease with Wagstaff but the actual moonstorm itself is just awful. It's painful and just time consuming for no reason. Outside of moon shards it generates no resources for you to gather either so it exists purely for CC.

I honestly would have even vastly preferred any other method of summoning the CC than the moonstorm. It's probably the first content in a long time that I haven't enjoyed in this game.

14 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

The moon storm is way too destructive (Just do not understand why it needs to damage structures) and can completely undo special mob pens or farms you built if you don't immediately move the moonstorm when it's in a bad spot.

is tedious but you can wait until it moves to another place without loading that area so nothing is destroyed or damaged

Archived