Shadow Wilson, A Fan Fiction horror-thingy

So i got bored and decided write a fan-fiction about the shadow Wilson you see on the main menu because hey why not.You can find it here aswell. It's a 'Creepypasta' as one would say.I'm not saying its brilliant but i thought it was pretty okay.Non-the less here it is:(its put into a Spoiler to save space)

A few days ago I was browsing the internet looking for videos keep me entertained as my was brushing through some English homework, when I came across a video of a game called Don’t Starve, its highly-stylized graphic style and what seemed to be promising game play greatly intrigued me and thus I logged into steam and bought a copy. (after “borrowing” ((with quotation marks as big as Microsoft word would let me use)) stated funds from my Sisters PayPal account) I started installing it right away. Not only that but it came with some Team Fortress 2 hats and a second copy I sold for more Team Fortress 2 hats so that was nice.Soon enough I was starting up my game.The main menu was innocent enough, even if there was two very distinctly looking unknown hands twiddling with the main title and a picture of some shadow guy with one hell of a tricone hat brandishing an axe. This was later revealed to be the shadow of none other than Wilson, the main gentleman scientist dude guy. His portrait consisted of him in front of a wall of fire, not the most best of places stand in my opinion.Being my only choice of character I picked him and loaded a world.I’m instantly greeted by a very dapper man known as Maxwell who tells me in 10 days something’s going down and I should high tail it out of there Asap. I don’t always listen to people to materialize out of the ground in a poof of smoke unless they’re a magician and instead did my own thing.For the first 4 days I just did things I seen people on videos do, run about, slit up some unsuspecting bunnies, collect berries in the dozens etc; When some barking echoed over the ambiance music. Hounds, I had seen people deal with these before but I had always assumed they came at around day 7 but decided it was more important prepare then mop about thinking about them, building a spear and logsuit I readied myself for the coming battle.One that never came. The barking had stopped for 2 whole minutes, puzzled I started moving around the outskirts of my makeshift excuse of a camp to try see if I can find them. (AI at the time wasn't exactly top notch if I must say so myself, but I heard they had improved it in a recent update) after another few minutes of looking I came across a deceased hound, four to be exact, mysteriously killed, they had Axe like wounds in their back. This struck me as odd, there was no Pigmen, beefalo or tallbirds about so I was a little suspicious to how they came to be. After scanning the area I noticed an Axe lying on the floor nearby. It wasn't mine for sure as I used all mine upThe axe was worn down to around 28% durability; its positioning against the dead hounds and the marks they had was a little more than a coincidence, but hey I just got the game, I don’t know everything, right?Another day had passed and I set out find a pigking as my inventory was loaded with worthless grave digger items and I wanted my very own pet bird, after allot of travelling I came across a rundown pig camp, it was barren, it's housing was broken and destroyed with no signs of life around, Pigmen are supposed to be out during the day, right? There was some pork and pigbut- I mean pig skins lying about but that was it, obviously it was enough evidence to show what happened to them.Did spiders do it? No of course not they’d eat the remains it couldn't have been them, did a treeguar- okay that one is a little dumb, did merms do it? There aren't any swamps nearby so no.After picking up what was left I noticed something silver shimmer in the distance.Another Axe, this was far beyond coincidence, something had to have been leaving these axes and it sure as Maxwell’s domain wasn't me. Night was coming so I made a campfire nearby. Fireflies shimmered in the distance reminding me to make miners light since it looked cool and why not. When one of the firefly clusters disappeared just outside my camp. They only do that when you stand on top of them and I was pretty far away.The sound of someone or something stepping on the grass echoed through the darkness that engulfed my fireplace.Was it a spider? Probably. A few seconds later something grey-ish breezed past the fireflies north to me; it was too big to be a spider. Is this one of them sanity monsters? My sanity was on 187 it couldn't be. When suddenly some white small eyes popped up in the surrounding darkness, they didn't look like the supposed Grue eyes, who’s were they? There was a small smirk beneath the eyes, I drew a conclusion at this was probably the person leaving these axes behind.I donned my logsuit, made a torch and charged into the darkness, Grue eyes usually disappear after you run towards them, these did not, and instead it ran further into the darkness jittering and twitching, it's grin growing much more sinister, yet also playful as it fled. Giving chase I tried follow whatever this thing was to get to it and confront it. It was faster than me, there was no way i'd be able catch it at this rate. Day was slowly approaching so either way I was hoping I would get at least glimpse the monster before it out-ran me. Upon reaching day it had ran behind a tree and into a forest where I lost it, the only 'glimpse' I managed get was of a single grey tinted leg.It seemed to be a little like Wilson’s but obviously it wasn't Wilson as A: I’m playing as him, B: I’m too stupid work the Lua console spawn another Wilson or figure out how install mods.I didn't know, and I was wasting daylight sitting there, so I pressed on wards.Day 9, and everything seemed normal, days started becoming longer so I wanted try sleeping more to conserve sanity, waiting until dusk I built my straw roll and kept food on hand because I heard you became seriously hungry afterwards, (It might be something at only applies to Wilson as I’m only hungry after spending a few minutes on r/wtf) laying down the straw roll Wilson rested his head and napped.The screen slowly faded black, as it did the white eyes and smile from before popped back up in the darkness behind me, until it was all that was left on the screen.Waking up it became apparent that something was wrong, dead wrong. My camp was ransacked, everything was broken and nothing was left. Something seemed odd about the world, its once green grasslands had became worn and grayish looking, I ventured out see if anything else changed, rain poured down heavily so it wasn’t winter just yet, all trees were burnt, all resources depleted, remains of dead animals were left behind it was like I had stumbled across the world of the most passive aggressive mass murdering Don’t Starve player ever.I wandered across this wasteland like place until I bumped into some wooden flooring, it was placed in a sort of order, the wood took up allot of space going across near enough half the island, It became apparent it seemed like wording, opening my map I noticed that I was right, it spelt “Welcome”.I didn't feel very welcome to be honest. Was this the thing the dapper guy mentioned at the start? It was day 10. But no of course not, ‘a cold reception’ sort of implied it had something to do with winter not nightmare lands. I stood there for a few good minutes, when I noticed the clock had stopped. What? Did this mean it was forever day 10? If sleeping got me into this mess, would it be the only way I could get out? I would never find out as night would never come.I don’t know, but I started realize I couldn't stand around long. I wasn't alone here. As thumping began to tear apart the ground, Wilson exclaimed ‘That sounded big’. Turning to run to the left the island started narrowing to become a bridge like pathway, what? This was where my camp "was", turning around it to head back the way i came it was apparent this was also now this bridge like pathway. Not only that but a massive one-eyed dear thing was approaching and it didn't look like it wanted be my friend, I turn tailed and ran like hell, it was fast, not just as fast as me but if I stopped for even a few seconds it would catch me pretty quick. The humongous monstrosity tore the land as it walk, cracks formed beneath its steps, this was something that even with all my power i could never triumph over.I had to do something, this bridge wasn't ending and to make matters worse these black structure things started rising from the ground blocking my path. The deerclop wasn’t my only problem, four hounds started giving chase, they had very distinct marks in their backs, similar to the ones i seen before on day 4, these things were faster than me so I had kite my way left and right to stop them hitting me as much. It didn't do much as i was taking hits, i had no other choice but to drop my backpack in exchange for my logsuit.Soon enough Pigmen also appeared, with the same axe marks as the hounds and gave chase to me as well, the smirks they had were now angry frowns, the usual dialogue was saying 'there he is', 'murderer'. i think they may of had me confused with someone else.I couldn't keep it up, I was starving to death and this wasn't going end, or at least that’s what I thought, the bridge opened up into a circle like area, said structures from before blocked my path behind me, stopping the monsters getting to me. They started beating at the things, like animals in cages. This was the only time I had to eat. I had to stop myself starving. I started downing enough Honey ham to give even Big Albert a bad stomach, Obelisks started to form around me.I was trapped.I tried hammering down the obelisks to no avail. When suddenly Maxwell materialized again and next to him a shadow like Wilson welding an axe stood next to him. He watched Wilson, gloating at him, laughing and pointing at my own paranoia to find out who or what he was.This was the exact same shadow guy as on the main menu, his face like the one I seen in the night. It was like looking into a mirror, I moved left, so did he, it was so much like him yet so very different. But soon enough it just stood there doing nothing but watching Wilson suffer, like they did this entire time, really all the game pretty much is based about is Maxwell and co. watching Wilson die over and over again for amusement. Tormenting him like a teddy-bear of a sadist child.They stood their glaring at my Wilson, who was losing sanity fast. The screen was becoming distorted and weird. It Was obvious at if they didn't kill me first I would slowly starve to death sooner or later. When suddenly Wilson equipped his shadow Sword, At the time I thought he was going kick the crap out Maxwell and his little pet wannabe Wilson, but instead he fell onto one knee closed his eyes and committed suicide by stabbing himself in the gut.Nothing happened, he wasn't allowed to die, not just yet, instead he was trapped in this prison of his mind, until all that remained was a husk of what he once was.A shadow of himself

feedback is appreciated.

is not really scary to me.

but i like to taste the creepiness in don't starve.

Yeah i didn't really expect it be super scary like playing Amnesia the Dark Descent early in the morning in pitch black darkness but i gave it a shot.

Personally i would like them to add some more horror elements into Don't Starve. The sanity feature has alot of potential when it comes to something like this. Having nightmare lands which you can enter when sleeping, or hallucinations more focused on making you feel uneasy rather than trying killing you. Like hallucinating hounds or a deerclop, maybe even a shadow Wilson.

Overall i wasn't expecting the likes of someone as talented as you to respond to something of mine, so i'll take it i did atleast something right with it. :biggrin-new:

- - - Updated - - -

THE BEST STORY EVAR! ( Scared me a bit though. )

Danke comrade

This was quite an impressive story you have conjured up. I especially enjoyed how passionate and sincere the story sounded. The story was great, and it was very original. I am not sure how you wanted to portray the story, though. Seeing as how you signified that it was, in fact, a video game in this particular story, I wasn't sure whether it was more of a movie than a game. What I mean by this is that, judging of off the language used and information given, I wasn't sure whether you were controlling Wilson, or if the game was just doing all of that itself. Overall, my completely meaningless rating is a 9/10. Well done sir, well done.:congratulatory:

This was quite an impressive story you have conjured up. I especially enjoyed how passionate and sincere the story sounded. The story was great, and it was very original. I am not sure how you wanted to portray the story, though. Seeing as how you signified that it was, in fact, a video game in this particular story, I wasn't sure whether it was more of a movie than a game. What I mean by this is that, judging of off the language used and information given, I wasn't sure whether you were controlling Wilson, or if the game was just doing all of that itself. Overall, my completely meaningless rating is a 9/10. Well done sir, well done.:congratulatory:

Wow thanks! and to clarify the Wilson part, personally i always see Wilson as an extension of myself, like when driving a car or using a controller. You'll be more likely say 'i'm going to turn to the left' rather than 'I'm going have Wilson turn to the left'. It was a slight jab at the more you play into the game you start to think as Wilson.A youtube channel called Extra Credits explained this way better then i ever could but i'm hoping i sort of layed a basic idea down