A few inconveniences about Webber rework

I played as reworked Webber a little bit, and there're a few inconveniences still remains in terms of utility and actual gameplay. Let me list some of those here as a constructive feedback, not an indiscriminate complaints.

1. Webber can't give switcherdoodles or hats to spider inside Webber's inventory.

2. After pick a friendly spider up and put it down, the spider will no longer be your follower.

3. The spiders will drop their hat after picked up or entering a spider den.

4. ( Might be a bug ) After befriended with spiders, if you wear a spiderhat and unequip it, the befriended spiders will immediately leave you. 

5. ( Might be a bug ) Sometimes decorated spider dens become un-decorated. Seems to be related with burning or freezing status of dens.

5. Nurse spiders does melee-attack, which doesn't grant no better survivability then any other spiders.

6. Befriended spiders doesn't have health regen ability, means they'll eventually die out if you don't constantly care them. ( Some famous followers like bunnymen, beefalo, abigail regenerate their health. ) This problem can be solved if nurse spiders heal their allies outside the battle.

7. You need to feed additional meat to befriended with spiders after feeding the spiders switcherdoodles, despite every switcherdoodle are made of monster meats.

8. If you want to heal your spiders with healing glop, you need to feed it manually. If healing glop was a throwable item like napsack or water balloon, it would be much more convenient to use. It's so hard to use healing glop inside an intense battle.

9. The spiders don't follow you between forest and caves.

10. You can't feed meat to spiders when they're sleeping. Strange thing is, you can still feed switcherdoodles when they're sleeping.

11. Most of all, like the big Woby does, the befriended spiders will try to have a distance constantly with Webber, makes almost every interaction with them much, much more annoying, like feeding, giving a hat, picking them up with traps.

12. Webber still can't actively gather neutral spiders. What if... Giving webby whistle the ability to gather nearby spiders to its user? It would be a very convenient way to control spider crowd, like abigail's reel up and soothe ability.

13. My personal opinion, but what if there's an AOE sleep item like pan flute, but works only on spiders? Like a music-box shaped item. It is a bit exhausting when you need to pick up massive amount of spiders with traps.

Okay, that's it for now. I don't tell Webber should be OP, but I think Webber lacks convenience in terms of gameplay. Wendy became most convenient and powerful character after her rework and I think one of the reason was the convenience. Obviously Webber is much more interesting now, but playing as him is not much fun as Wendy due to his uncomfortable gameplay, Webber definitely can use a hand to improve his overall gameplay.

1 hour ago, HeatAndRun said:

8. If you want to heal your spiders with healing glop, you need to feed it manually. If healing glop was a throwable item like napsack or water balloon, it would be much more convenient to use. It's so hard to use healing glop inside an intense battle.

Excuse me? You can right-click it in inventory and it does an aura around you

19 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Excuse me? You can right-click it in inventory and it does an aura around you

Thank you for letting me know this, I didn't notice. I wrote this right after the update is out, so there could be an error. But after all it would be much easier to use if we can throw the healing glop.

1 hour ago, HeatAndRun said:

7. You need to feed additional meat to befriended with spiders after feeding the spiders switcherdoodles, despite every switcherdoodle are made of monster meats.

This one I'm also unsure about. I didn't have to do it

1 & 3.  I personally think pocketing spiders is good enough, plus, hats were only meant to be a fun cosmetic, not a practical mechanic. If you did want to put football helmets or beekeeper hats on them, you can simply just bring a stack of rope and pig skin/silk with you, inventory isn't that necessary if it's THAT planned out enough to warrant a sack of spiders in your left pocket. Hats will only be dropped if they aren't tamed

5. I consider this just a little nerf for Nurse Spiders they're a bit overpowered if you train a lot of them

6. Spiders are meant to be expendable, they regenerate after only a day and only take a morsel to recruit 2-4 at a time. Plus, we already have spider-healing capabilities along with the rework

7. Don't know about this one, I'm pretty sure they're still befriended by my experience. If not, this change would be great

9. I agree, I guess you could pocket them, but that's still a bit tedious

10. I agree, but can't you just use your whistle?

11. Can't you use the Shoo box? I guess the need for extra feeding kinda sucks

I'm pretty sure most of the problems stated will be patched in the next update, or maybe even a redo like with Wendy's rework. These criticisms are pretty valid

Archived