Can we make better Hammer Sound Effect?

The Hammer is an interesting toy to play with but the tones are too few only 24 tones for knocking pipes and to chaotic for knocking other buildings, too difficult to play something nice to hear.Can we extend the tones to another 2 octves and introduce the sound effect of some instrument like piano, guitar and drum set?

What would be in your opinion best building to sound like said piano, guitar or drum set? I mean - it would be strange to hit compost and hear classical music out from it, and I can't think of good candidates for that.

I'm not very musical myself, never used the hammer and probably never will, but what you ask for seem quite hard to implement in current game. But probably it may be my lack of musical intuition that thinks so.

one thing pop to my mind about this, in real instrument you need change key size for get different notes,

maybe add this as well to game that you can build different material size, walls for example  and those start make different sounds, of course it also mean that they need make damage higher or lower for them depends what material size user use, and maybe even collapse if it is too thin

9 hours ago, pether said:

What would be in your opinion best building to sound like said piano, guitar or drum set?

The automation ribbons could sound like a guitar. They have multiple strings right?

We could also do the same Astroneer did. Their storage does different sounds based on the element stored and it`s amount. Would be hard for the element but how about making the compactor sound different for the stored amount. Would work for a drum set.

3 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

The automation ribbons could sound like a guitar. They have multiple strings right?

We can make wires made of different materials has different characteristic.e.g steel wire sounds piano, copper wire sounds guitar,electric wire has electric effects, gas pipe could sounds like pipe organ, Fire poles could sounds like Harp, opening and closing an outlet effects the output frequency same has opening/close an electric circuits,transit tubes is a good candiate for drums with length effect the sound,the idea of making a storage compactor act as drum set is also great there should be enough combination to satisfy all the requirement.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, gabberworld said:

not sure about that 24 tones tho. i think there is more. atleast in dlc

My experience show the lowest tune is played by knocking pipes with 25 section length which is 698.46 Hz = F5 = MIDI 77.

And the highest tune is played by 2 section length pipes with is 2637 Hz = E7 = MIDI 100

But the sound quality isnt very good especially at lower range too much nosie blended in.

1 hour ago, shadow_wxh said:

My experience show the lowest tune is played by knocking pipes with 25 section length which is 698.46 Hz = F5 = MIDI 77.

And the highest tune is played by 2 section length pipes with is 2637 Hz = E7 = MIDI 100

But the sound quality isnt very good especially at lower range too much nosie blended in.

germ sensor have somewhere 4500 Hz

wire have 1180 Hz or 530 Hz hard to read out

pipe, automation wire have 260 Hz

Archived