Showing beefalo's health, while riding it!

As a casual beefalo rider, I love to take fights on the back of a beefalo (For e. g. then fighting the toadstool). But there is one simple problem: I can't see my beefalo's health, so I have no idea if I should heal it. I think, player should be able to see beefalo's health while riding it (just as Wendy can see Abigail's health).

I hope You, Klei, will get my point!

P. S. Sorry for my bad english :(

1 minute ago, MasterStupido said:

As a casual beefalo rider, I love to take fights on the back of a beefalo (For e. g. then fighting the toadstool). But there is one simple problem: I can't see my beefalo's health, so I have no idea if I should heal it. I think, player should be able to see beefalo's health while riding it (just as Wendy can see Abigail's health).

I hope You, Klei, will get my point!

P. S. Sorry for my bad english :(

i also think this should be implemented into the original game. maybe it will. until then use a mod.

the red overlay is not good enough in my opinion. say the threshold is indeed at 300, and your beef is at 301. you won't see it as red, and then at the next triple hit from Klaus it suddenly dies…
Also, I was never able to determine if mobs like dragonfly deal to a player mounting a beefalo mob damage or player damage, and a beefalo health widget could help clarify that.

37 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

the red overlay is not good enough in my opinion. say the threshold is indeed at 300, and your beef is at 301. you won't see it as red, and then at the next triple hit from Klaus it suddenly dies…
Also, I was never able to determine if mobs like dragonfly deal to a player mounting a beefalo mob damage or player damage, and a beefalo health widget could help clarify that.

If you beefalo is at 300hp means that you have let him receive A LOT of hits without healing him

yes, it was a hypothetical argument, which however still comes true for me, for example when I tank werepigs to get pig skin: even with warly's garlic and pepper spices, and with volt goat chaud froid, I always get close to that amount of health when killing were pigs, because I have 15 houses. in a night, there is usually not enough time for kiting each pig, so I resort to tanking.

Besides this, I don't think it's a problem to let a beefalo take a lot of damage: for how I view things, it's what it has a lot of health for. 

57 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

yes, it was a hypothetical argument, which however still comes true for me, for example when I tank werepigs to get pig skin: even with warly's garlic and pepper spices, and with volt goat chaud froid, I always get close to that amount of health when killing were pigs, because I have 15 houses. in a night, there is usually not enough time for kiting each pig, so I resort to tanking.

Besides this, I don't think it's a problem to let a beefalo take a lot of damage: for how I view things, it's what it has a lot of health for. 

But were pigs wont deal 300 damage so if you see the overlay you can controll how much you will keep tanking. If you fight a boss and take many hits you know that you should heal the beefalo

You example doesnt contradicts what i said. I rely on tanking with beefalos too but against low damage mobs like you said

at the time I did this experiment with were pigs, I thought the threshold for the red overlay was 250, so I made my calculations differently, but I thought that I would be able to kill the last werepig (I think I calculated that it took me 6 hits), while instead it killed my beefalo, so I realised that the moment before the time when the overlay arrived, I was probably just above the threshold, and when the overlay appeared I must have overestimated my health. Had I been able to see the exact health of my beefalo, like I can see mine, I wouldn't have made this mistake. That's why I hugely support MasterStupido's request

1 hour ago, licet_insanire said:

at the time I did this experiment with were pigs, I thought the threshold for the red overlay was 250, so I made my calculations differently, but I thought that I would be able to kill the last werepig (I think I calculated that it took me 6 hits), while instead it killed my beefalo, so I realised that the moment before the time when the overlay arrived, I was probably just above the threshold, and when the overlay appeared I must have overestimated my health. Had I been able to see the exact health of my beefalo, like I can see mine, I wouldn't have made this mistake. That's why I hugely support MasterStupido's request

For that you should heal him if the red overlay appears

I'm not saying I couldn't have done better. I indeed should have healed him when the red overlay appeared, but the night was almost over and I thought I would be able to get the last pig too. 
Are you saying that you would prefer to keep beefalo health estimation the way it currently is, rather than having something that shows beefalo health in the user interface?

Archived