What is the best way to melt natural Wolframite?

Yes, I wondered about that paradox, too. I need tungsten to get tungsten.:-o
If it simplifies the circuit considerably, you can sacrifice 1 block and dig it out by hand. Well, or just show it as another option for the player's choice.

In the first version, about 350 kg of steel freezes, which quickly becomes liquid again. In the second option, the scheme is very difficult to run - the pipes break.
You can go for tricks: 10% rule, preheating, staged construction, etc. But these are, imho, unnecessary complications.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:34 AM, mathmanican said:

The "contactless pump" setup for this build it completely unneeded. 

You have to get liquid steel in the first place, which you have to melt them and pump them anyway. Unlike flaking abbysalite, flaking wolframite is super fast (i think it is atleast 100 times faster than abbysalite), so the setup will only be used for few cycles, which is unneeded to deconstruct contactless pump to rebuild tungsten pipe.

8 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

In the first version, about 350 kg of steel freezes, which quickly becomes liquid again. In the second option, the scheme is very difficult to run - the pipes break.
You can go for tricks: 10% rule, preheating, staged construction, etc. But these are, imho, unnecessary complications.

Since in survival, you have to melt steel, it ok to connect the heat to wolframite by one tile of diamond until it reach 1~1.5k C then, disconnect it, and pump liquid in later for flaking.
image.png.aa4491287d2b9867b6339b415373c5cb.png
And stop building scheme that only work in sandbox, vacuum room that have liquid steel have to be accessible by dupe via liquid lock so they can start melting from scratch, aka lead->iron/gold->steel. Your room only work if people already have 800kg of liquid steel in pipe.

6 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

You think I didn't take that into account? Naturally the article is complete, including the production of liquid steel.

I doubt that consider how close the system you post is. Something to note in the article incase you haven't included yet is you can reuse the liquid steel by isolated pipe to the next wolframite area for people with mutiple wolframite mine in one map. Reuse steel this way you can use 10% pipe system and reheat them until it reach 1050C, and you can continue use 100% pipe back again.

The system is one time use, it doesnt need to be perfect insulated with 2 tile, you have to deconstruct all of them once all wolframite is melt, so dont go overboard and make something look like it will last for 1000 cycles.

Archived