Any known way to avoid switch progress wipe?

54 minutes ago, xavris said:

But how the patch will work? We do have to quit the game to install it. If it would wipe our progress, will the patch restore it based on runs history?

Any news from Nintendo?

Per a dev at https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/griftlands/progress-reset-compendium-wiped-switch-r30507/:

This issue seems to be caused when the game attempts to save your profile (total player progress, not an individual save) and the new profile data is smaller than the existing profile.

So, maybe do whatever you can to make your profile bigger when you do have to close the app to get the patch? Like maybe have a couple of in-progress runs before you close the app? I don't know if that will actually matter, but in absence of any solid advice from the devs it's what I'm going to do.

14 hours ago, xavris said:

I actually found a way ti avoid wipe. Basically you need to encounter another glitch that kicks you out of the game with an error, it sometimes occurs when you complete a run and see the ending screen with exp and other stuff. That way you can quit out of the game any time without worrying about wipe

That does not sound like a reliable way :) I've completed 4 full runs so far (each of the stories plus one brawl) without any, even tiny bug. 

But still, that's not the point. I would just like to know, how the upcoming patch will fix the wiping problem.

Just as I feared. Quiting game to update it wiped my progress. Runs history is there, Smith is unlocked, even grifts are achieved, but theres 0% everywhere....

Edit. Ok, at least grifts poped once I've started new game.

Yeah, having extra in-progress saves didn't help. My stuff got wiped too.

Man, between Legend of Keepers switch updates breaking the game and Griftlands deleting your save files, I'm getting really hesitant to buy indie games on switch/console, at least any time near release. Not the first times I've been burned, admittedly, but it's been a while and twice in a row hurts. Portability is nice, losing my progress or getting locked out of playing is definitely not. Bah.

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait and for the inconvenience. The new Griftlands Update Ver 1.01 for Nintendo Switch (which includes a fix for this issue) is now live. More information about the update here:

Archived