Second planetoid is way too small!

Surprised I haven't seen anyone bring up this issue. A lot of people wanted a big first planetoid, but I honestly had no issues with the first one being the size that it is, and in fact it was more preferable as duplicants didn't need to move three hundred tiles deep just to do an errand. My biggest problem has been how small the second planetoid is. The forest start for spaced out has so many geysers yet the space is so small. This became a problem when the seed I played on had the oil biome clipped directly to the teleport start and if I hadn't closed it off with insulated tiles I would have had to use rockets as the area would become too scalding to walk through without a suit in no time. On top of that there are all these ethanol and water spillage areas and the water pockets are tiny annoying blobs as opposed to decent pools like you usually get on the first planetoid. Please make this planetoid bigger and fix these clipping issues!

Lots of geysers in a small space? Sign me up! One of my biggest pet peeves is having to run pipes/vents across a huge distance to harvest geysers. Cramped work space is just sort of my style, I guess. In my current playthrough I made a power plant just two biomes away from the starter zone and even that grated on me, I like having workspaces close together so my dupes don't spend half a cycle just getting to where they wanna go.

I dunno, being right next to the oil biome sounds like a blessing to me, not a curse. Insulated tiles and you can just forget about it until you're ready to deal with it.

Archived