Food spoilage settings

First of all - I believe new food spoilage changes are good for the game balance. CO2 pits were OP and very easy to make.

On the other hand - I can understand new players don't liking the changes, as it can make the game too hard for them.

So I'd like to propose game setting to adjust food spoilage rate. New players could play with 0% modifier and never have anything spoiled, learning other game systems in the meantime. Pro players yearning for challenge could set it to 200% if they want to suffer and starve. Everybody else could have something in the middle.

I believe similar settings work well for durability system - loved by some, hated by others. I can see posts on forum suggesting that some people are intimidated by this change. Allowing them to slowly adapt to it could help them learn new system without casualities.

Me? I don't know if the changes are too harsh. Didn't play enough to have clarified opinion. But I believe the more settings the best for everybody, and applying simple float modifier seems quite easy to do 

I disagree with this suggestion. We have Fridges and it's really not difficult to keep them powered continuously with all the available power resources in the current build of Spaced Out. Food should not be infinite, the current implementation is much closer to Don't Starve and that's not a bad thing.

17 minutes ago, JaxckLl said:

I disagree with this suggestion. We have Fridges and it's really not difficult to keep them powered continuously with all the available power resources in the current build of Spaced Out. Food should not be infinite, the current implementation is much closer to Don't Starve and that's not a bad thing.

fully agree, if I can have one fridge sustain 10 dupes for 200 cycles without food spoiling once I think a new player can do it for less dupes or more fridges no problem

Players can already minimize their dupes calorie consumption via settings, so I don't see why they need to also make their food last forever too.  If someone is looking for a path with that little resistance, then they can just play in sandbox mode and paint in whatever food their dupes need.

Archived