Is it Possible to Delete Walls to Create Space Exposure?

I'm playing on a smaller map and would like to be able to remove some of the background walls at the top of the map in order to extend the space area at the expense of the lower area.

The Destroy tool doesn't work, I haven't found anything in Debug, I've tried creating an empty template based on a no-wall area and pasting it over. My google-fu seems to be too weak to find anyone else mention it.

Thanks for reading!

Space Background.png

As far as I know, there is no way to delete the background wall.

If you clue us in as to why you want to increase the space area, perhaps we can suggest alternative ways to achieve the same objective.

Thank you for your response.

There is no good reason why I want to do this, other than I'm just experimenting with the game. Sometimes when I do something silly/random/illogical, it leads to more fun ideas and builds that I wouldn't have thought of without the dumb idea =)

Do you insist on having the visual character of those background walls removed? Or are you happy if they're "removed" in the sense that they create a vacuum-like space that sucks out liquids and gases? If it's the former, I have no idea. If it's the latter.. I might have discovered something recently. It's got to do with heat that's applied to an unstable tile that changes states at temperature as a result of the heat applied. In my experiment I think I used mud and applied 200°C on it. The falling mud left a "void" in its place and the mud itself changed its state to water. I didn't document that experiment and I don't know how to replicate it now. But if you're interested enough, perhaps you might find this teaser somewhat useful.

Archived