Butter substitute Margarine or ways to churn Electrified Milk to butter

It's a fairly good nutritional values and all that, but kinda wish there were easier ways to produce a butter ingredient for cooking. Even if it would take a bit of effort farming butterflies isn't all that great or fun for it. Unless we'd need the wings for the butter itself together with electric milk... then perhaps.

What'chu think?

On 5/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, TheDistinguishe said:

churning butterly wings into butter sounds fun :) it could be done in warly spice mixer?

Nah anyone should be able to do it. Warly's not a labor character anyway, he's into more refined cooking and refining. Players should either get a blueprint for that from killing butterfly or be able to do this naturally. Or idk, trading with some creature something to get the recipe.

i feel like butter should still be a fancy ingredient that you get every once in a while and its all pretty funsies but what about if there was a building that you could use like a drying rack so you put the milk in it and get voltgoat butter after a while of waiting and with voltgoat butter you could get slightly worse waffles so then butter keeps on being an ingredient that when you get it you still think "oh wow a butter" and still get to eat waffles (well voltgoat waffles) 

6 minutes ago, hot focaccia said:

i feel like butter should still be a fancy ingredient that you get every once in a while and its all pretty funsies but what about if there was a building that you could use like a drying rack so you put the milk in it and get voltgoat butter after a while of waiting and with voltgoat butter you could get slightly worse waffles so then butter keeps on being an ingredient that when you get it you still think "oh wow a butter" and still get to eat waffles (well voltgoat waffles) 

I kinda wanna deny this and perhaps to suggest that butter should be able to be perhaps mass produced but it would take maybe pig workers or selves to do it, a kinda of ingredient to take quite a bit of time to make like how it takes effort to farm. Overall, butter likely is one of fanciest and best foods in the game but overall I don't think it would need nerfs rather just better implementation.

Maybe if Klei would make it a higher chance for catching the butterflies and murdering to get more butter as a way to get more? Usually if solo DST you get most butterflies up to 11 per day or so if farmed specifically. Catching with butterfly nets or something should perhaps either make a butterfly spawning structure to increase the chances or just increase their drop butter chance while in hand.

Archived