Crockpot updated 2021

Nice work!

On a similar note I crafted the cookbook for the first time. Previously I used a mod that hints what the crockpot would produce, because I often forget the rules and priorities from some of the less regular recipes and I dislike having to look them up on the wiki.

However the cookbook should reconcile that issue, now I don't know how it actually works though. The wiki mentions that you learn them by picking the food from the crockpot, but does that mean I have to keep the book in my inventory at all times when cooking or picking up dishes? Also the stats show up after eating the meal, again do I have to have the book on me then?

1 hour ago, clickrush said:

The wiki mentions that you learn them by picking the food from the crockpot, but does that mean I have to keep the book in my inventory at all times when cooking or picking up dishes? Also the stats show up after eating the meal, again do I have to have the book on me then?

No, it's not necessary. A cookbook is something... like opening characters in the original DS. You should cook each recipe yourself to unlock it - after that, it will be available in your game profile in the "Compendium" tab. If you then create a cookbook in any of the games on any server, all the recipes you know will be displayed there, and the recipe examples will show the combinations of ingredients that you have used in the last few times. Of course, to see the recipe, you need to pick up the book and read it, but to open the recipe itself, you don't need it. It's just an in-game reminder so that if you forget some recipe, you don't have to go to the wiki every time.

There's quite a lot of inaccuracies and inconsistencies in that list.

To cite a couple - Spicy Chili asks for 1.5 meat and 1.5 vegetable but the recipe card on that image can be read as anything from 2 morsels 2 mushroom (won't work) caps to 2 large meat 2 carrots (wasteful.) Taffy does not need 4 honey, only 3.

Also the list decides at random when to tell you a recipe doesn't like having inedibles as filler too, which just seems odd, just reading that gives me the idea 1 royal jelly 3 twigs will work, which it isn't going to :P

Good work adding the last newer recipes though.

Archived