Can't land petroleum rocket?

Hi all, not sure if this is a bug, or I've screwed something up.

Got a new petroleum rocket I build to initially drop some rovers on a planet 4 tiles away.

Everything is fine for building/launching, but now the rocket won't land back at it's original planet, original rocket pad.  If I fly the rocket to the planet it just says 'in orbit'.  If I select the pad and choose the option to land the rocket at it, it won't land.  If I fly the rocket a couple of tiles out, then reselect the destination as the planet and either any available pad, or choose a specific pad, the rocket will fly to the planet, but not land - just sit 'in orbit'.

Is this something I've missed or a bug?

...kinda bummed out as I've spent a week getting the tech to go straight to LOX/petroleum rockets, build a bunch of materials, and then I can't land the rocket back at my planet.

Assuming you're talking about the DLC, there was a recent bug that if the rocket uses precisely all of the available vertical space, it can take off but not land. Try rebuilding the rocket platform one tile lower if that's the case?

edit: There was also an older bug preventing rockets with 0 fuel from landing, but that one was fixed quite a while ago. If that's the case you probably just need to update the game. But back up the save first, as you can't go back a version after loading a save in a newer one.

sorry should have said - yes it is the DLC with latest updates.

It's a petroleum rocket - so it builds it's own platform, and as far as I could see doesn't let you delete or add sections.

Definately not the 0 fuel bug either - the rocket still has plenty of fuel

:(

9 hours ago, yahbai said:

It's a petroleum rocket - so it builds it's own platform, and as far as I could see doesn't let you delete or add sections.

It builds its own platform? :confused: I'm a bit confused here. I mean the base "Rocket Platform" building. The background scaffolding area is just visual and will update when you add/remove sections. Even if you deconstruct the platform and build a new one, you should be able to select the new one to land on just fine from the rocket's piloting system.

Oh maybe i should have specified that the bug was when the rocket uses all the vertical map space. Like if it touches the top of the map where you can't build it won't be able to land.

It's fixed on the testing branch... not sure if the fix is also on the live branch but i can't think of anything else that would cause this problem.

Archived