"Rocket Crew Only" assignment for rocket buildings

Certain buildings could really use a "rocket crew only" assignment option. Particularly the outhouse. It's as annoying as it is ridiculous when colony dupes run halfway across the map to use a rocket outhouse with no hand washing station, in stead of waiting 5 seconds to use the grandiose +150 decor colony lavatory right next to them.

It would also be useful to have a similar option on any recreation buildings inside the rocket. On the same tack a similar option for cots and dining tables inside the rocket may mean i wouldn't have to micromanage my pilot's bed and dining assignment every time they return.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:19 AM, Yobbo said:

Certain buildings could really use a "rocket crew only" assignment option. Particularly the outhouse. It's as annoying as it is ridiculous when colony dupes run halfway across the map to use a rocket outhouse with no hand washing station, in stead of waiting 5 seconds to use the grandiose +150 decor colony lavatory right next to them.

It would also be useful to have a similar option on any recreation buildings inside the rocket. On the same tack a similar option for cots and dining tables inside the rocket may mean i wouldn't have to micromanage my pilot's bed and dining assignment every time they return.

Superb suggestion IMHO :encouragement:

image.thumb.png.6ac234e4c56a393f21d0a9723d4ccdf4.pngimage.png.306b1e686f3c18bc9cc2e1d04cf95328.pngimage.thumb.png.e2d21db723b06a8c2dd6d1efaf0c4951.png

Maybe we can build a "Rocket room" in to our base - The items in this room zone can and will only be used by rocket crews :confused: Maybe we can even assign each rocket room in our base(s) to a dedicated rocket ?

10 hours ago, babba said:

Maybe we can build a "Rocket room" in to our base - The items in this room zone can and will only be used by rocket crews :confused: Maybe we can even assign each rocket room in our base(s) to a dedicated rocket ?

This would be pretty neat as well. I would really like to have a nice visitor lounge and a place for pilots to rest and unwind outside of their dedicated stress chamber of death (a.k.a. rocket). Not sure how it would work technically though.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:19 AM, Yobbo said:

This is a really good suggestion, unlike some I've seen today...

13 hours ago, Yobbo said:

This would be pretty neat as well. I would really like to have a nice visitor lounge and a place for pilots to rest and unwind outside of their dedicated stress chamber of death (a.k.a. rocket). Not sure how it would work technically though.

The simplest option here is to set permissions on doors to only allow your rocket pilots to enter certain areas. Granted you'll have to change permissions every time you train a new dupe, but it accomplishes the intended purpose with minimal effort.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:49 AM, eelek62 said:

The simplest option here is to set permissions on doors to only allow your rocket pilots to enter certain areas. Granted you'll have to change permissions every time you train a new dupe, but it accomplishes the intended purpose with minimal effort.

Hmm... they'd still use the buildings / cots / tables in the rocket though. Especially as it is now where they take full ownership of a cot/table when they use it. Not sure how you'd get them to reliably prefer the visitor zone to the rocket.

If the "crew only" assignment only allowed use of rocket buildings while in flight it could work, but they would still change their bed assignment if they slept in a visitor bed for example. Maybe if there was also a sort of "public" assignment for beds/tables that anyone could sleep/eat on without reassiging their bed elsewhere it could work?

Archived