Warly’s food not working

For some reason, as Warly, I can’t cook his specific dishes - even though I am sure I got the recipe right. The result is either other (normal) foods, or wet goop. There are no server side mods, only a few client mods such as geometric placement and combined status. The only client side mod related to cooking is the one that “predicts” what you’re gonna get with your ingredients. Caves are off in this world (don’t think that’s relevant but who knows). Anyone have any idea what the reason could be?

49 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The recipes are unique to the portable crockpot, not Warly. Warly is just the only one who can use the portable crockpot.

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

you cookin in a red crockpot?

Thanks, that must be it, I was only cooking in a normal crockpot because the “predict” mod only works for that and I wanted to make sure I get the recipe right. Though I remember putting the correct ingredients in the portable one and it giving me wet goop.. I’ll try again today.

warlys pot even cooks faster then normal ones there is realy no reasons to not use warly pots if your alone alsol there is an item called the cookbook is realy easy to make and it has all the recipes in it that you have ever made

The only reason I can think of for not using portable crock pot is active avoiding Warly's specific dishes like e.g. monster tartare (it has higher priority than monster lasagna). So if you want to make dishes like bacon and eggs or surf 'n' turf with two monster meats, I would stick to ordinary crock pot, otherwise I would recommend going for portable one.

Multiple normal crock pots cook much faster than one portable crock pot. Unless either the server is exclusively Warly and the crock pot setup is a portable crock pot setup, or there is both a normal crock pot and a portable crock pot setup, it is better to use the normal crock pots unless you either need Warly exclusive recipes or are only cooking a single item.

The normal crock pot also has the benefit of being able to be pre-crafted for no inventory cost. If, for some reason, you do not have a portable crock pot in your inventory, are far from crock pots, do not have any food you can eat, and are going to starve but are capable of cooking in a crock pot, you could place a pre-crafted crock pot down and start cooking in it. You need to make several mistakes back to back for that to happen but I could see it being useful if you did happen to make several mistakes back to back.

Archived